Lear For You
We work hard for the people who work for us. We champion our teams. We foster collaboration, inclusion, respect and excellence. What we are trying to say is we want to be more for you.
We are your path to a better career, a better future, and a better you.
Our teams have invented groundbreaking technologies, flawlessly manufactured millions of products and earned a long list of awards. Year after year, we are one of the World's Most Admired Companies.
Our teams are the secret to our success. They are empowered, inventive and inclusive. Passionate about their craft. Driven to succeed. Because we all understand that we must work together to win.
Are you ready for a better career? A better future?
We're Lear For You.
SOUTHFIELD, MICHIGAN – WORLD HEADQUARTERS - HYBRID
The Payroll Manager will be responsible for leading the US salary and hourly payroll process for over 10,000 employees across Lear’s 40+ US locations. The Payroll Manager will lead continuous improvement efforts to optimize current payroll processes and drive improved efficiencies while leading the payroll team.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Oversee and lead the US salary and hourly payroll process for 10,000+ employees within 40+ locations while providing leadership to the internal payroll team
- Analyze current payroll processes to plan and implement improvements to simplify processes, automate and increase efficiency
- Examine new payroll technology and software opportunities with a focus on automation and improved user experience
- Lead the payroll team through a time of strategic change that improves payroll’s ability to meet needs of the business
- Oversee and manage executive compensation and expatriate programs
- Completion and timely submission of changes to the payroll cash forecast, as needed
- Work closely with Human Resources and Labor Relations teams to resolve operational payroll issues
- Develop and maintain key process indicators to measure efficiency and productivity gains while establishing areas of focus and operational improvement
- Maintain detailed procedures and documentation to support internal and external audit requests and improve the ease of training
- Maintain effective communication within the team and coordination with other GBS departments
Advantages of working at Lear in the Global Business Services group:
- High visibility opportunity to gain great experience leading payroll process improvement for the US operations of a large multi-national organization
- The GBS team is passionate about driving a disruptive shift in strategy, structure, systems, processes, and technology across the enterprise. We strive to be global strategic business partners, delivering world class transformational solutions in Payroll, OTC, PTP, GL and T&E
- 3 - 5 years of experience managing a payroll process for greater than 5,000 employees
- Continuous improvement mindset and past experience leading payroll process enhancements
- Ability to multi-task and act with a sense of urgency
- Proficiency of IRS and state regulations for payroll and payroll taxes
- Proficiency of SOX controls pertaining to the payroll process
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills / relationship management
- Strong attention to detail, data analysis and problem solving
- Experience building and developing teams
- Prior experience with Time and Attendance systems
Bonus If You Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
- Previous automotive experience
- Previous experience using PeopleSoft’s Payroll System
- Previous experience using Kronos
Lear Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and will become the property of Lear Corporation.