Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and our headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. And as a certified B Corp, we’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures.
Where we need help
You’ll work closely within our Accounting and Finance Team and key cross functional business partners. You will lead and manage all aspects of global payroll operations for our rapidly growing company and must be a strategic and tactical leader, with a track record of success. You will drive timely, accurate, and compliant payroll, improving end-to-end processes, setting up new country payrolls, and implementing a new Global Payroll system. You thrive in a start-up environment. Your friends and co-workers describe you as someone who gets it done, and is good natured, analytical, detail-oriented, and insatiably curious.
What does the job entail?
- Responsible for accurate and timely payroll run for all countries in compliance with local tax and labor regulations, including variable pay, stock, or other supplemental or non-recurring pay runs, and ensuring timely tax deposits
- Drive cross functional collaboration with the Employee Experience team in ongoing operations as well as cross functional excellence projects
- Drive a seamless integration with ancillary systems, including SAP ERP
- Manage internal and external payroll audits, including 401k audits
- Manage relationships with external payroll providers in all jurisdictions
- Drive, review and audit work performed by your function, including auditing payroll data, ensuring accurate wages, tax withholdings, deductions, and garnishments and process quarterly tax adjustments, end-of-year payroll tax and reporting compliance
- Document and enforce internal controls in compliance with company’s SOX procedures
- Drive special projects, including process documentation and improvements, system updates, integrations, upgrades or implementations, including reimplementing US payroll
- Develop, drive and report on key metrics for the function
- Assist in statutory financial reporting and audits
- Support management on ad hoc and growth-oriented projects such as scalability initiatives and acquisitions
What kind of person are we looking for?
- 3-5 years’ experience leading the global payroll function at a public multinational company is preferred.
- Experience in reporting equity transactions and its impact on tax and compliance
- Demonstrate organizational and leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills on P&L and BS
- Sound understanding and experience with a large payroll system is preferred, such as ADP.
- Experience implementing a large-scale payroll system or upgrade is preferred
- Well versed in current payroll procedures and compliance
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal, in addition to strong problem-solving skills
- Resourceful, innovative, with a can-do attitude and attention to detail
- Work well with cross functional teams to drive the company’s objectives
More practical skills needed:
- Experience with SAP is preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Gsuite
- Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
- CPP is preferred.
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness benefits
- Discounted products
- Pup friendly office!
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Professional, employment-related, or schooling information. Current or past job history, performance evaluations, and educational background, including grades and transcripts.
How We Use Your Information
For professional, internal analysis, or employment-related purposes, including job applications.