Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is committed to being the best global kitchen and laundry company, in constant pursuit of improving life at home. In an increasingly digital world, the company is driving purposeful innovation to meet the evolving needs of consumers through its iconic brand portfolio, including Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit, Yummly and InSinkErator. In 2022, the company reported approximately $20 billion in annual sales, 61,000 employees and 56 manufacturing and technology research centers. Additional information about the company can be found at WhirlpoolCorp.com.
The team you will be a part of:
The Payroll team processes the organization's payroll accurately and on time. Activities may include accounting, distributing and preparing payments, benefits, taxes, payroll deductions, calculating overtime, shift payments, sales commissions and bonuses, and maintaining payroll records.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a North America Payroll Leadership opening to join our Global Human Resources function. This position provides leadership in the Human Resource Operations for US Payroll to perform oversight support for multi-cycle payroll processing of hourly and salaried employees. Responsible for end to end payroll for the NAR region (20k employees) which includes: garnishment processing, data management, payroll/tax processing, general ledger, vendor management, partnership with key stakeholders (finance, HRIS, etc.), and payroll metrics. Ensuring effective & SOX compliance audits and controls. The position will develop payroll team competencies and provide effective guidance to resolve complex issues. Lastly, the position is responsible for maintaining procedure documentation for payroll operations and performing testing required for any enhancements or updates to the payroll system.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Payroll Processing Management: Coordination of data management, garnishment, payroll, and tax processing operations to ensure operational functions are synchronized with any HR processes, policy, and business rule changes. Ownership of the Payroll reconciliation to the general ledger resolving any discrepancies.
- HR Ops Policy/Procedures: Maintain and administers payroll policies and procedures in accordance with internal audit, HR, governance/control criteria. Responsible for escalation management.
- Compliance: Is responsible for ensuring that Payroll Tax and Garnishment services are delivered in accordance with all Legal and Regulatory requirements. Ensure compliance with relevant data privacy and data protection policies and regulations with federal, state, and local authorities.
- Performance and Operational Standards: Is accountable for delivering Payroll services against the internal provisions of the agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA's)/Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s). Ensure established targets through continuous evaluation, quality assurance, and focused improvement efforts.
- Reporting: Is accountable for ensuring payroll reports impacting operations and as required by Federal, State/Provincial, and Local governments are completed. Reporting for team performance metrics to support continuous improvements and operational costs.
- Team Development & Management: Lead a team of ~15 payroll professionals located centrally and across 9 US manufacturing locations. Build and maintain a strong team through effective recruiting, training, coaching, team development (competency building, effective org design), and succession planning.
- Vendor management: Manage existing vendor relationships with all key payroll related vendors. Partner with vendors to drive resolutions to issues. Lead planning for contract renewals, including vendor evaluation & providing recommendations.
- Partnership with key stakeholders: You will need to drive a continued strong partnership with various other groups within Whirlpool (finance, HRIS, tax, accounting, & Canada payroll).
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years of experience in Human Resources, Business Administration, Operations Management, or Finance
- 4+ years of Payroll Management experience
Preferred skills and experiences:
- Master’s Degree or MBA
- Payroll Certification (CPP)
- Experience in Success Factors and SAP 6.0 Payroll
- Use of KPIs to drive data based decision making
- Expatriate payroll
- Multi-state payroll and taxation
- Process improvement experience with payroll compliance processes
- Manage and lead others and exerting personal influence w/internal & external stakeholders
- Focus on customer service
- Vendor management experience
- Analytical decision-making skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Team development skills
At Whirlpool Corporation, we value and celebrate diversity. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity and prohibits any discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable law.