HTV Charlotte has an opening for a Payroll Coordinator. This position reports to and supports the Compensation Manager in a staff capacity by managing all aspects of payroll processing. The ideal candidate must possess excellent and positive communications skills and interact well with others. Trustworthiness is a key trait as this individual will be exposed to highly confidential information.
Based at our state-of-the-art Hub in the Ballantyne area of Charlotte, NC, this position supports Hearst Television’s corporate teams as well as 32 stations across the country. Great Location! Great Company! Great Job! Are you looking to join one of the nation’s most diversified media, information, and technology companies? One that offers a continuous learning environment, opportunities for advancement, and exceptional benefits? Then industry leader Hearst Television may be your perfect fit.
For corporate payroll:
- Handles payroll on a regular basis and readies payroll reports
- Bi-weekly payroll review/processing/reconciliation through ADP
- Confirms timesheets are accurately submitted
- Replies to employee questions and resolves payroll issues that arise
- Handles unemployment paperwork for former employees
- Ensures vacation and sick time balances are accurate and updated in a timely manner
- Processes termination checks as necessary
- Updates monthly payroll forecasting
- Answers unit payroll questions
- Reviews leave of absence requests and provides guidance
- Processes various centralized payment requests
- Assists with various reports required to report open positions, headcount, part-time hours, and salary comparisons
- May assist with monthly processing of centralized commissions
Other duties as assigned.
What we are looking for:
- Eagerness to take on a new challenge and learn evolving areas of payroll/compensation
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the position
- Be a strong team player, take initiative, and be an enthusiastic go-to person
- Ability to work in a fast paced, quick deadline environment
- Excellent communication skills required
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience with other software such as ADP and Oracle WorkForce is helpful
- Ability to run a variety of reports from these databases
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Business related field preferred
- Payroll experience
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.