Be unstoppable with us!
T-Mobile is synonymous with innovation–and you could be part of the team that disrupted an entire industry! We reinvented customer service, brought real 5G to the nation, and now we’re shaping the future of technology in wireless and beyond. Our work is as exciting as it is rewarding, so consider the career opportunity below as your invitation to grow with us, make big things happen with us, above all, #BEYOU with us. Together, we won’t stop!
The Analyst, Payroll position within the Payroll Support Team will have payroll expertise, including Payroll Tax and Garnishments, Time and Labor, and General Payroll Operations.
This role will perform a variety of project related work, some technical support for HR Payroll systems and will troubleshoot payroll process issues and will assist with escalations. The Analyst, Payroll will report to the Manager, Payroll, and provide subject matter expertise to the Payroll Services and Operations Team and partners to support process design and improvements.
The primary purpose of this position is to contribute to the development of programs and processes to ensure payroll compliance and efficient processing within Payroll Operations. This position will support the Payroll Services and Operations Team and works in a highly collaborative team environment which is expected to drive a positive culture with teammates through support, coaching, and mentoring. The position partners with internal client groups as a representative of the Payroll Support Team, including but not limited to Legal, Accounting and Finance, Commissions, and HR Solutions, to drive solutions and provide consulting to ensure efficient process design. This position will represent the Payroll Support Team as a subject matter expert on company-wide projects, including all cross-functional work related to Payroll Services and Operations. This position will participate in the coordination of timelines, attendance of meetings, contribute work to project plan, create test scripts, perform UAT testing and validate data
- Leading small payroll projects, from the creation of timelines, facilitation of meetings, the delegation of duties, take notes and follow up and confirm completion of tasks.
- Preparation, processing, and auditing of highly sensitive payroll compensation files, including the payroll set up, processing, auditing, and reconciling payroll programs, including Stock, ESPP, NQDC and payroll related executive compensation items for accurate payment and reporting. Ensure compliance of all programs adheres through audits and reconciliation
- Develop reconciliation procedures, identify and implement improvements of department processes, procedures and audits to increase operational effectiveness, accuracy and ensure legal compliance
- Support legal compliance and be the point of contact for requests from the legal department, or other assigned internal teams
- Support year-end and quarter-end payroll activities, including organizing meetings and deliverables with all team partners and tasks for the production team. Ensure tasks are completed accurately and on time
- Level I quality control checkpoint of the full payroll production cycle
- Successful individuals in this position will be adept at prioritization and organization of tasks, assigned and unassigned, at all times. Communicating to leadership and the team on projects status. These individuals have competency in analysis, reporting, change & innovation, strategic & critical thinking, relationship building & influencing, as well as results and a customer focus.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience (Preferred)
- 2 plus years of progressive experience in payroll processing, program manage mentor related educational training (Required)
- Experience supporting enterprise-wide programs, and system applications, (Required)
- Experienced in the application and use of use Excel pivot tables, and the creation of formulas to analyze data and build reports. (Required)
- Experiencing in analytical reasoning and root cause analysist and data driven problem assessment and issue resolution. (Required)
- Experience working in cross functional teams (Preferred)
- Experience supporting a large organization (20,000+ people). (Preferred)
- Experience with supporting payroll in US Territories (Preferred)
- Experience with Workday, Kronos, ADP, (Preferred)
- Multi-state tax experience. (Preferred)
- CPP Certification (Preferred)
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Attention to detail (Required)
- Critical Thinking (Required)
- Communication (Written and Verbal) (Required)
- Microsoft Office 365 (MS Outlook, Teams, Excel, PowerPoint) (Required)
- Organization (Required)
- Time Management (Required)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced & high-pressure environment (Required)
- Payroll Processing (Preferred)
- Familiar with payroll and timekeeping systems (ADP, Workday, Kronos) (Preferred)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, work independently, think critically, , set priorities, problem-solve, and make decisions and follow-through
- Experience performing numerous functions of HR, Payroll, reporting applications, and system integrations
- At least 18 years of age
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- High School Diploma or GED
- T-Mobile requires all employees in this position to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work, unless precluded from doing so by applicable law. The CDC currently defines "fully vaccinated" as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. T-Mobile will require proof of vaccination prior to successful applicant’s first day of work, and will consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase (1) as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause T-Mobile undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others, or (2) for other reasons under applicable law.
Never stop growing!
T-Mobile doesn’t have a corporate ladder–it’s more like a jungle gym of possibilities! We love helping our employees grow in their careers, because it’s that shared drive to aim high that drives our business and our culture forward.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.
Talent comes in all forms at the Un-carrier. If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know by emailing ApplicantAccommodation@t-mobile.com or calling 1-844-873-9500. Please note, this contact channel is not a means to apply for or inquire about a position and we are unable to respond to non-accommodation related requests.