You will work remote but must be located in the Tri-State area (NY, NJ, CT) for onsite meetings as needed.
The Payroll Analyst performs all activities necessary to process payroll, including maintaining related records, processing involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments, processing time sheets, new hires, terminations, leave of absence, etc. This position works closely under the direction and supervision of the Payroll Director in order to carry out all necessary financial management and fiscal control policies and activities for payroll administration.
- Ensures timely processing of multi-state bi-weekly and monthly payrolls in accordance with labor regulations and standard accounting principles via iSolved/Greenlink.
- Processes wage garnishments, pay levies and other involuntary court-ordered payments in a timely manner, including reporting to the necessary State office or jurisdiction.
- Keeps abreast of current payroll tax requirements and relevant laws associated with the processing of employee wage data.
- Assists employees and staff with general questions related to payroll, leave accruals, wage deductions, fringe benefits and other pay related issues.
- Works with Benefits to coordinate leaves of absence under FMLA, Medical or other unpaid leaves.
- Reconcile 401k process and payments to vendor.
- Stays current on pay practices related to FLSA requirements.
- Processes Manual Payments/ACH transactions.
- Assist with unemployment claims and verifications forms as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Oversees the payroll mailbox.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting or Human Resources preferred
- 5+ years of payroll/accounting experience with multi-state.
- Experience with payroll software.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrate high attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of the importance of confidentiality and non-disclosure.
- Must be a self-starter and able to accomplish expected tasks under minimal supervision.
- Must have demonstrated ability to organize and execute assigned projects.
- Strong sense of urgency in meeting customer needs.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced ever-changing environment, and think outside the box.
- Very strong personal communication skills - must be outgoing and have the ability to work well with all levels within the organization.