Patient Advocate Team Lead
The focus of this role is to provide support to all managers and staff while ensuring that all retail operations are performing to company standards. The Team Lead will be responsible for overseeing daily operations of the dispensary and handling the needs of all patients/customers. In conjunction with the Store Manager, this role is responsible for hiring and developing a team of highly motivated individuals who are passionate about cannabis and compliant with state and local rules and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and perform all functions associated with leadership and oversight of a retail medical marijuana dispensary operatingunder licensure from the Florida Department of Health.
- Provide excellent customer service to all patients while also coaching other team members
- Respect all team members and report all findings to the appropriate manager.
- Administer routine inspections to maintain the accurate inventory of all cannabis products.
- Manage and supervise the activities of patient advocate staff
- Ensure that all Procedures are updated in store to provide the best practice for staff and patients
- Train dispensary staff to ensure a consistent performance and knowledge base of company standard operating procedures, a comprehensive understanding of all marijuana and marijuana-infused or derived products being sold to patients, and best practices for dispensary personnel.
- Ensure Key performance Indicators are captured
- Manage daily financial reporting requirements and oversee all cash handling procedures.
- Develop and maintain a schedule of all patient advocate staff
- Communicate any patient incidents or high-risk complaints to the Operations Director or Compliance team.
- Protect patient rights by overseeing the employee HIPAA education program and ensure each employee is maintaining the confidentiality and privacy of protected health information and financial information.
- Oversee patient education and counseling programs. Review and continuously revise information disseminated by the dispensary regarding debilitating conditions, their association with medical cannabis products, side effects, etc.
- Maintain awareness of both external and internal competitive landscape, opportunities for improvement, and industry development.
- Assist in ensuring the dispensary’s compliance with all relevant statutes, regulations, and directives in all respects, as well as best practices.
- Strive for patient satisfaction in all respects and ensure a patient-friendly environment at the dispensary.
- Ensure traceability of product is maintained from reception to final sale
- Receive, check and enter inventory into NAV when shipments arrive
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Close attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- High energy, customer focused, and proactive
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work efficiently with employees, customers, government agencies, and the public
- Must be 21 Years of Age
- Must be able to pass a Level 2 Background Check (FBI)
- High school diploma/GED required
Experience – select one, remove remainder
- 1-3 years
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Customer Obsessed: Dedicated to creating a remarkable experience for both internal and external customers; builds rapport and maintains meaningful and effective relationships creating trustful, authentic connections; viewed as a good listener and is easy to approach and talk to and is often in the know early in any given situation.
- Relationship Building: Viewed as a truthful individual who shares authentic and constructive feedback in a respectful manner in the spirit of being a force for good; builds mutual respect and trust by listening, learning, and acting with compassion to encourage others in discovering their genius; takes responsibility for mistakes and offers impactful solutions; recognizes personal strengths and weaknesses; seeks and openly welcomes feedback for continuous improvement and personal growth.
- Results Oriented: Empowered with the knowledge of their potential this person learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner, open to change, analyzes successes and failures for continuous improvement, experiments and will try anything to find solutions that support an ecosystem of knowledge; enjoys challenge of unfamiliar tasks, quickly grasps the essence and underlying structure of anything.
- Functional/Technical Skill: Possesses functional and technical knowledge and skills to perform at a high level of accomplishment; understands how their job function supports being a force for good.
- Patient Advocates
- Able to accommodate scheduling that may include varied shifts, weekends, and some holidays
- Able to escort and assist patients with disabilities in navigating the dispensary, consultation couches, registers, entrances and exits
- The person in this position frequently communicates with patients and/or caregivers regarding medical conditions and symptoms. Must be able to exchange accurate information about product offerings
- Frequently operates computer/POS system and other standard office equipment such as printers, phones, and photocopy machine
- The person in this position must be able to remain in a stationary position when checking in patients or when operating the register
- The person in this position must be able to observe and assess patient entry via cameras and inspect patient IDs upon entry
- Frequently communicates with other staff via Walkie Talkie or Headset
- Constantly positions self throughout sales transaction by maintaining the computer/POS, collecting product and retail bags
- Constantly moves and transports dispensary products/totes up to 30 lbs. throughout the dispensary
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
At AYR Wellness, our vision is to be a force for good in all we do and to bring lasting positive change to our communities, our industry, and our world. And it wouldn’t be possible without our exceptionally talented team. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the uniqueness of each employee and supports their individual journey in finding their genius and pursuing their passion.
AYR Wellness is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to employment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community, regardless of age, gender, religion, marital or veterans’ status.