TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy.
TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, San Jose, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo. Why Join Us: Creation is the core of TikTok's purpose.
Our platform is built to help imaginations thrive.
This is doubly true of the teams that make TikTok possible. Together, we inspire creativity and bring joy - a mission we all believe in and aim towards achieving every day.
To us, every challenge, no matter how difficult, is an opportunity; to learn, to innovate, and to grow as one team. Status quo? Never. Courage? Always. At TikTok, we create together and grow together.
That's how we drive impact - for ourselves, our company, and the communities we serve. Join us. About the Team Our Global Legal team provides key support for all TikTok's innovative initiatives, state-of-the-art products, and integrated platforms servicing our global video market.
We help our technological and business teams enable their vision by providing integrated legal guidance and support.
The TikTok team is growing fast and is seeking highly experienced, bright and capable legal professionals to join the team. The Global Employment Law team provides strategic and practical legal advice to Human Resources and business stakeholders globally, and handles employment litigation matters involving TikTok in all the regions in which TikTok operates.
The ideal candidate will be a real team player, with a no-task-too-small, proactive attitude with excellent written and verbal communication skills, who has a knack for identifying opportunities for efficiencies and collaborating to achieve results.
- Work closely with the global and regional team leads to support multiple global employment law projects and strategic initiatives, with the goal of working collaboratively with team members and cross-functional stakeholders to achieve results.
- Proactively identify and collaborate with legal and business stakeholders, as well as other cross-functional partners to identify gaps and work to implement solutions that will increase the efficiency and the productivity of all team members.
- Assist with employment disputes and litigation matters as needed, including fact finding and gathering, as well as reviewing, organizing, and synthesizing information and documents.
- Develop and maintain standardized processes, templates and other resources, leveraging and optimizing technology and resources.
- Assist with developing, and support the delivery of, global employment law training for HR and business stakeholders.
- Provide operational and administrative support for the Global Employment Law leadership team, including calendaring, creating agendas and note taking, and preparing presentations and training materials.
- 8+ years of paralegal experience, ideally both at a law firm and in-house legal team.
- Bachelor's degree, a paralegal certificate from an ABA-accredited program, or equivalent practical experience related to this role.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and plan, organize, and prioritize time and competing deadlines to complete job responsibilities in an agile and fast-paced environment.
- Clear and effective communicator with a commitment to responsiveness and problem-solving.
- Highly detail-oriented, with superb analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and writing skills.
- Experience designing presentations and legal training resources.
- Program/project management experience a plus. TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives.
Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too. TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our recruitment processes for candidates with disabilities, pregnancy, sincerely held religious beliefs or other reasons protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at TiktokOps.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Pay Transparency - Compensation Description (Hourly)
- The hourly rate range for this position in the selected city is $40.19- $72.00.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, and restricted stock units.
Our company benefits are designed to convey company culture and values, to create an efficient and inspiring work environment, and to support our employees to give their best in both work and life.
We offer the following benefits to eligible employees:
We cover 100% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, approximately 75% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with a company match. As well as Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans. In addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) Options like Health Care, Limited Purpose and Dependent Care.
Our time off and leave plans are: 10 paid holidays per year plus 17 days of Paid Personal Time Off (PPTO) (prorated upon hire and increased by tenure) and 10 paid sick days per year as well as 12 weeks of paid Parental leave and 8 weeks of paid Supplemental Disability.
We also provide generous benefits like mental and emotional health benefits through our EAP and Lyra. A 401K company match, gym and cellphone service reimbursements. The Company reserves the right to modify or change these benefits programs at any time, with or without notice.