At Nutrien, our purpose is Feeding the Future and we do so with safety, inclusion, integrity and results as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With nearly 25,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers globally.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, act with integrity, and who support inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us raise the expectation of what an agriculture company can be and grow your career.
Reports to the Senior Legal Counsel, Corporate & Securities.
What you will do:
- Maintain necessary paper and electronic documentation and filings for the subsidiaries of Nutrien Ltd. so each of the subsidiaries is in good standing in the jurisdictions in which they carry on business including filing of annual returns and maintenance of minute books.
- Draft documentation including resolutions, incorporations, amalgamations, amendments of charter documents, dividend declarations, and intercompany agreements.
- Perform completion of StatsCanada questionnaires.
- Provide support to Sr. Paralegal to ensure Organizational Chart and Director and Officer listings are up to date and assist with corporate secretarial support for various corporate functions and business segments including Corporate Development & Strategy; Treasury; and Tax.
- Perform the duties and responsibilities of the legal administrator of the legal billing support system including user support; vendor support and system functionality and maintenance. Activities may include (but not limited to):
- Manage and oversee the end-to-end process for ensuring matter profiles are opened, data is complete and accurate, records are updated, and reporting is timely and complete.
- Coordinate processes with administrators to ensure the law firm hiring and on-boarding process is properly and consistently followed across the department.
- Ensure that all legal bills are processed in an accurate and timely manner (electronic and manual), including working with accounting partners and others in legal group to ensure payment is properly coded and tracked.
- Provide support to legal leadership to produce required financial and matter reporting.
- Provide guidance and support to admins, paralegals, and attorneys regarding setting up and managing law firms from an administrative standpoint.
- Provide support to the Sr. Paralegal and rest of corporate secretarial team including support on securities filings and related matters.
- Contribute to overall legal team efforts by serving as an operational support resource as needed.
What you will bring:
- Five or more years of experience in a law firm or within a corporate legal group
- Paralegal diploma or university degree, or equivalent experience
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and ALF database
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills, and prioritization skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
This job will remain posted until filled. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran
GROW WITH US. FEED THE FUTURE.
At Nutrien, we never stop growing, because our world never does. Our size can help us weather a storm, but with that ability comes a great responsibility—to our growers and customers, our employees and shareholders, our communities, and the planet.
Not Ready To Apply?
Stay connected by joining our network and we'll keep you informed about upcoming events and opportunities that match your interests.