WHO ARE YOU?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Insomniac, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
WHO ARE WE?
Insomniac produces some of the most innovative, immersive music festivals and events in the world. Enhanced by state-of-the-art lighting, pyrotechnics and sound design, large-scale art installations, theatrical performers and next generation special effects, our events captivate the senses and inspire a unique level of fan interaction. The quality of the Headliner experience is our top priority.
Insomniac produces 10,000 concerts, club nights and festivals for seven million attendees annually across the globe. Since its inception, Insomniac's events have taken place in 13 countries across five continents. The company's premiere annual event, Electric Daisy Carnival Las Vegas, is the world’s largest dance music festival and attracts more than 525,000 fans over three days. The company was founded by Pasquale Rotella and has been based in Los Angeles since it was formed in 1993.
Insomniac Events is seeking a highly motivated and proactive Marketing Intern to join the Marketing team in Los Angeles. This position will assist & learn about several of the key teams underneath the marketing umbrella to achieve a well-rounded knowledge of Insomniac’s marketing ecosystem. This position reports to the Marketing Technology Manager. This is a paid internship and is not a remote position.
- Work with and shadow leads from all Insomniac’s marketing divisions, including festival marketing, concert marketing, marketing technology, digital advertising, brand strategy, and more
- Contribute creative ideas to marketers and social team, helping to generate campaigns, create engaging content, and research trends in alignment with our brands
- Content management for various projects in the marketing technology space, including web, email, Insomniac App, and SMS
- Assist with project management tasks via Asana, including streamlining asset approvals, improving organization, and submitting tickets
- Assist social team with copywriting, photos, third-party event site listings, and Headliner audience engagement
- Assist digital advertising team with performance dashboards, data visualization, on-sale trackers, and simple campaign setup
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Must be able to work out of Calabasas, CA office
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Highly proficient in presentation development, with excellent writing and communication abilities
- Experience with photoshop preferred
- Must have the ability to take the abstract and piece it together
- Typical commitment is 10-24 hours per week
- Must be motivated with an “Everything is possible” attitude
- Must be an active problem solver, instilled with a sense of urgency for projects large and small
- Knowledge of dance music and Insomniac’s brands
- Must be able to tolerate loud noise levels & busy environments
- Must be willing to travel to intern at events during evening and weekend hours, as required, to meet deadlines
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by Insomniac for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Insomniac strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level performed by interns within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Insomniac recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Insomniac may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, intern referrals, outside advertising, intern agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
The expected compensation for this position in California is:
$15.50 USD - $17.00 Hourly
Please note that the compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the California Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements Law. It is estimated based on what a successful California applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in California or perform the position from California. Similar positions located outside of California will not necessarily receive the same compensation.
Live Nation takes into consideration a candidate’s education, training, and experience, as well as the position’s work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value, including seniority and merit systems, and internal pay alignment when determining the salary level for potential new employees. In compliance with the California Law, a potential new employee’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.