Paid Social Strategist
Part art. Part science. All passion. Our marketing and advertising teams bring a unique blend of skills to tell the DISH story with invention. Whether coordinating high-level messaging for the C-suite, interacting with journalists to drive our own breaking news or launching a campaign around our latest innovation, our team lends their voice to the future of communication.
DISH Marketing is at the center of telling our story of innovation to the consumer. We offer significant career growth and skill development opportunities across a wide range of disciplines including Digital, Latino, Brand, Direct, Retention, International, Media, Programmer, Analytics, Consumer Insights and Customer Marketing. From day one, you will be responsible for learning the DISH business, developing and executing marketing plans, collaborating with other teams across the company and working with internal and external creative agencies and vendors. To be successful, you will need strong analytical skills, a passion for consumer and market understanding and a drive to deliver creative and innovative solutions that allow us to win in the marketplace.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
We are seeking a digital marketing expert in the paid social arena to create attention-grabbing campaigns on Facebook and other social media platforms. The successful Paid Social Strategist will oversee campaign budgets, strategy, execution and performance to drive customer acquisition and retention.
- Daily, hands-on-keyboard management of paid social media buys within Facebook Ads Manager and other social media platforms, constantly optimizing against multiple performance based KPIs in complex campaigns
- Work with internal creative agency to request, test and optimize existing assets based off media insights, to support business and campaign goals
- Derive insights from campaign performance, work with analytics team on larger analyses and test-and-learn agendas
- QA tag and pixel implementation, troubleshoot with IT, and external ad-serving platforms
- Work with social team and internal stakeholders to concept and launch new media strategies and campaigns across multiple lines of business including but not limited to Dish Network, Sling and OnTech
- Partner across the marketing department, broader organization, and external partners like ESPN, NFL, Google and others to drive digital campaigns, conversion rate optimization testing and ensure marketing campaigns are executed holistically to deliver market share growth
- Assist in vetting and implementation of new technology partners including but not limited to cross-device tracking, 3rd party ad verification and call tracking platforms
Skills, Experience and Requirements
Successful Paid Social Lead candidates have:
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized 4-year college or university
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience in digital marketing media execution role
- Hands-on-keyboard experience in Facebook Ads Manager and/or The Trade Desk platform
- Experience with emerging digital marketing platforms e.g. Snapchat, Pinterest, TikTok, digital audio and connected TV a plus
- Extensive experience with Excel and Google Spreadsheets; comfort with pivot tables, vlookups and other analytical functions
- Experience leading and training others in media buying in an agency setting a strong plus
- Strong quantitative orientation with expertise in data analysis and insights; strong detail orientation
- Ability to work effectively and in an error-free manner under right time constraints
- Track record delivering profitable digital marketing results and other KPIs
- Excellent communication and cross-functional relationship management skills
- Passion for the constantly-changing digital landscape with finger on the pulse of emerging digital platforms and trends
Compensation: $65,800.00/Year - $94,000.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check, which may include a drug test.
We pride ourselves on developing and promoting talent as an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer - Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. We are a true merit-based organization and work hard so there are no artificial barriers to one's potential success. DISH is committed to a workforce where everyone's opportunities are limitless.
Consistent with this commitment, DISH will endeavor to provide reasonable accommodation to otherwise qualified job applicants and employees with known physical or mental disabilities, unless doing so poses an undue hardship on the Company, poses a direct threat of substantial harm to the employee or others, or is otherwise not required by law.