Operations Support Specialist
The Operations Support Specialist is responsible for coordinating and overseeing the execution of onsite client events, new venue installations, special projects, and special services support in collaboration with multiple departments and clients. This role includes significant client facing components as well as a requirement for a strong technical understanding of our products and equipment.
This role will have significant involvement with our Box Office Services team, working with them to determine optimal support and assisting as needed with providing that support. This role uses multiple different ticketing platforms and sub products including Ticketmaster Host, Frontgate, Archtics, and other ticketing platforms as applicable.
As an advisor and consultant for your clients, working in tandem with internal departments, and stakeholders, your role will be to meet and exceed client expectations when it comes to event performance and onsite support. This role can involve significant travel based on event schedule, with evening, weekend, and holiday work required.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Successfully deploy the necessary ticketing equipment and services, requiring travel to locations across our markets in collaboration with stakeholders
- Establish timelines and identify equipment needs for installations and other on-site deliverables in collaboration with internal team-members and clients
- Execute deployment and operation of in field, onsite festival, and box office technologies in conjunction with the onsite team-members and clients
- Maintain existing processes and develop new processes as needed to ensure maximum efficiency as related to equipment delivery, use of technology, and event/box office operations
- Monitor and maintain inventory of the ticketing technology assets. Including, but not limited to, ensuring equipment returned from onsite is cleaned, kept in top shape, and organized
- Support and train client staff on the according ticketing platform’s products and services at events
- Build, maintain, and manage all client event ticketing on the appropriate the ticketing platform
- Communicate product updates, new features, and functionality to clients
- Conduct regular client meetings to review best practices, make recommendations and gather feedback
- Direct and implement best practices for all the ticketing platform products, system installations, upgrades, and maintenance at client sites
- Manage problem resolution, including but not limited to analyzing complaints, troubleshooting software, hardware, and event issues; resolving customer service complaints, and providing specific reports/details to expedite problem resolution
- Execute quality control processes to ensure the accuracy of event details in the ticketing system
- Track all operations accordingly (i.e., Salesforce) and produce post-event summaries for analysis and discussion
- Adhere to, support, and implement site & company safety policies
- Assist with event settlement and reporting, as needed
Our job descriptions evolve with our business needs and priorities. In addition to the description above, your role may include additional duties, responsibilities, projects, and team support as needed.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
- Minimum 2 years of operations experience, ticketing experience, or other related experience
- Must be bilingual in French and English, both verbal and written
- Must be able to comfortably lift and carry up to 25 pounds unassisted; and able to push and pull rolling carts and cases weighing up to 100 pounds unassisted
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends to be available for live events
- Strong client management and customer service skills
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and presentation skills
- Proven technical skills, specifically systems administration, networking, and installation
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills, including identification, solutions, and implementations
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel
- COVID-19 vaccination will be required for this position, subject to legally entitled accommodations.
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS)
- Rock Solid Reliability – establish trust-based relationship with clients, co-workers, and fans. Set clear expectations, deliver high quality work on time and on task, and take the time to do things right
- Solution Driven – creatively find solutions to problems clients are experiencing by collaborating with management, stakeholders, and internal teams, that can find alternative and effective solutions to any limitations
- Winning Teamwork – collaborate with others effectively, share information openly. Listen and empathize to understand other point-of-views. Show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
- Act with Integrity – Be proud of the way you represent yourself and the company to others. Act with good intentions; have direct and honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue. Represent information and data accurately and completely
- Adaptability - willing and able to work at various locations/event sites, such as, but not limited to theatres, stadiums, outdoor venues and in an office. This position requires flexibility in work hours; for example, multiple days in a row working shift lengths beyond a standard workday to accommodate festivals or events that span across multiple days.
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world’s largest live entertainment company.
Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world’s largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you’re passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Our work is guided by our values:
- Reliability - We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
- Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
- Integrity - We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
- Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It's talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Ticketmaster Canada will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and need an accommodation due to a disability, please email email@example.com. Please note this inbox is limited to accommodation requests. Resumes submitted to this inbox will not be considered.