Lead employees to ensure customer satisfaction by moving all shipments on time and damage free
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead, manage, educate and develop company employees focusing on retention and growth
- Supervise and direct employee work (including pre-shifts) with a focus on outstanding quality, customer deliverables and safety performance identifying and overseeing improvement
- Actively monitor, record and educate employees regarding unsafe acts/conditions correcting immediately using corrective action as need. Provide feedback and follow-up with all impacted employees.
- Plan daily manpower needs and set schedules to ensure customers’ freight is delivered and picked-up timely and damage free
- Communicate job assignments coordinating with all employees ensuring direction is clear and concise
- Monitor service freight and ensure cut time compliance
- Monitor, analyze and address all opportunities to cut costs and improve efficiencies while maintaining rigorous safety standards
- Assist customers with rate quotes, claim information and setting appointments
- Monitor actual performance data and gather information for reporting
- Build relationships and positive communications with all business partners to ensure customers’ and company’s service standards are met
- Identify freight moving at incorrect weight and classification
- Ensure all OS&D is identified and processed properly
- Perform administrative functions as required
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
- Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
- Must possess high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to travel as needed
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of LTL Industry, DOT Rules and Regulations, OSHA Laws, Hazardous Materials Regulations, NMFC and Tariff Rules, as well as company policies and procedures, preferred
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Multi-tasked oriented and possess good organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet
- Dock environment; exposure to varied weather conditions, exhaust, fumes, dust, noise
- Hours may vary due to operational need
- Frequent contact with service center personnel; fast-paced, deadline oriented
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com.
FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.