International Paper (NYSE: IP) is a leading global supplier of renewable fiber-based products. We produce corrugated packaging products that protect and promote goods, and enable worldwide commerce, and pulp for diapers, tissue and other personal care products that promote health and wellness. Headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., we employ approximately 38,000 colleagues globally. We serve customers worldwide, with manufacturing operations in North America, Latin America, North Africa and Europe. Net sales for 2021 were $19.4 billion. Additional information can be found by visiting InternationalPaper.com.
The Job You Will Perform:
- Supervise employees in the daily production of corrugated board, to include training, planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating employee performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; promoting safety, quality production and teamwork; resolving conflicts.
- Lead and motivate employees by setting an example of superior behavior, attitude and performance to work efficiently and effectively, while ensuring a safe work environment, and a quality product.
- Effectively communicate operational information in both oral and written format at all levels: crew members, other supervisors, plant management, office personnel and outside customers and vendors.
- Actively promote and ensure compliance with safety, quality and other programs and initiatives utilized within the organization.
- Perform individual, team, and small group training on specific subjects selected by the Site Manger or PIM. Topics include but are not limited to safety, machine set up, QMS, machine operation, and PIT operation. Complete related training documentation.
- Other Duties as assigned
The Skills You Will Bring:
- Two years of supervisory and training experience preferred.
- Prior experience in the corrugated packaging industry preferred.
- Strong leadership, organizational and communication skills are required.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Must be willing to work all three shifts and some weekends as needed to cover other supervisor’s vacations and absences.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
International Paper complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (877) 973-3919.