Are you thinking about improving your career development and your professional growth? We invite you to join one of the most successful international logistics organizations here at Kuehne+Nagel. Our Tucson branch is looking for a new Operations Supervisor to join our Contract Logistics team.
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Supervisor is responsible for all logistics activities in a manner consistent with company service, quality and cost objectives. Position must be filled by US Citizen or Permanent Residenter.
- Supervise and coordinate unloading of inbound shipments.
- Verify required inbound paperwork with drivers, ensuring that all product is properly counted.
- Ensure inbound & outbound deliveries are accurate and free of damage.
- Ensure the efficient and safe operation of all material handling equipment.
- Ensure that the work schedules are correctly implemented and that jobs are assigned effectively and completed properly.
- Maintain product locator system. Ensure the optimal utilization of space through warehouse consolidation.
- Complete all necessary reports accurately and assure the integrity of the inventory with cycle counts.
- Assist Operations Manager in maintaining employee awareness of and compliance to the Kuehne + Nagel Quality,
- Maintain compliance to ISO 9001, AS 9100/9120 Quality Management Systems as applicable and to KN’s QSHE Management System.
- Assist with internal and external QMS, Compliance, Customer and Operational audits.
- Ensure required training is provided to all employees in support of the QMS according to the Training Matrix.
Your Skills and Experiences
- High School Degree, Bachler's degree in supply chain, or equivalent work experience.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years experience in a warehouse environment.
- One (1) year in a supervisory role.
- Experience with ISO 9001 and AS 9100/9120 Quality Management Systems a plus
- Understands basic concepts of Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, 5 “S”, or equivalents – Certification a plus.
Good Reasons to Join
We offer a great compensation package, medical, dental, and retirement benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a dynamic global work environment.
Kuehne+Nagel is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful retaliation. Kuehne+Nagel strictly prohibits all discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religious creed or belief, physical or mental disability, marital or familial status, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sexual orientation, citizenship status, protected activity (such as opposition to or reporting of prohibited discrimination or harassment. Kuehne+Nagel will also make reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees, including accommodations for pregnancy and childbirth, and for the sincerely held religious beliefs of applicants and employees depending upon individual circumstances unless such accommodation would create an undue hardship on Kuehne+Nagel.