At Owens & Minor, we are a critical part of the healthcare process. As a Fortune 500 company with 50+ facilities across the US and 18,000 teammates in over 90 countries, we provide integrated technologies, products and services across the full continuum of care. Customers—and their patients—are at the heart of what we do.
Our mission is to empower our customers to advance healthcare, and our success starts with our teammates.
Owens & Minor teammate benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, available on first working day
- 401(k), eligibility after 30 days of employment
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Development opportunities to grow your career with a global company
We are hiring immediately for an Operations Supervisor on our Day shift. This role is the life support that keeps regional hospitals stocked. Whether you're packing PPE products or surgical equipment- the items that are in your hands end up in the hands of doctors & nurses to help advance today's healthcare.
Shift: Monday to Friday with weekend work starting at 5:00 AM. Schedule might change depending on work load and when needed to step in. Must be flexible.
Compensation: Starting at $65,000
We know that you make a difference, so we strive to make a difference in your life as well with the competitive pay and benefits you'd expect from an industry leader, plus:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits on Day 1 of employment
- Career growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K matching
- Employee Stock Program
- Manages teammate time, attendance, and schedules (work shift, vacation) for assigned functional area(s).
- Provides proactive performance feedback to teammates within assigned functions, assisting teammates, providing coaching and corrective action where needed.
- Oversees assigned functions’ training, ensuring teammates receive appropriate training for their assigned job functions. Makes succession planning recommendations, assisting in identifying, attracting, developing, coaching, and retaining talent.
- Responsible for achievement of assigned functions’ Key Performance Indicators in the areas of Safety, Quality, Productivity, and Turnover.
- Makes recommendations and implements customer service for assigned functions, resolving issues relating to service quality, pick pack and ship requirements, and deliveries. Coordinates with local Account Management team, Transportation, Client Engagement Center (CEC), and Corporate Operations as needed.
- Supports and implements the conversion of new customers at the DC to ensure successful implementation of new business.
- Supervises assigned functions’ adherence to company developed SOP’s / WI’s for warehouse management and transportation.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 or more years of professional supply chain or warehouse operations experience exhibiting leadership capability, preferably within the healthcare/medical/medical device industry
- Knowledge of supply chain management, logistics, distribution, and/or warehouse management best practices.
- Ability to work fast and effectively within a matrix environment.
- Demonstrated leadership potential and people management skills with an ability to lead, coach and mentor all levels of teammates.
- Proven team building skills, both internal and external, with the ability to motivate and direct the work of others.
- Proven ability to analyze and conclude; ability to apply Continuous Improvement Methodologies and to standardize processes across multiple sites and functions
If you feel this opportunity could be the next step in your career, we encourage you to apply.
Owens & Minor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, religion, disability, age, status as a veteran, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.