PepsiCoJersey City, NJ15 days ago
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for one shift of inbound and outbound distribution associates ranging from 15-30 hourly employees.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient shift operation of 15 – 30 hourly inbound and outbound associates.
- Coach, mentor evaluate operations staff to maximize WMS tools and achieve/exceed cost and productivity metrics.
- Coordinate with customer logistics and traffic to achieve customer service targets by reducing cuts and carrier wait times and achieve LSC metric
- Manage the daily Finished Goods WMS/SAP Discrepancy Report (Inventory Snapshot). Resolve all discrepancies and work with the SPA Logistics and Manufacturing Team to resolve IDOC failures.
- Track product damages and dumps to insure accuracy of all product write-offs with Finance Manager.
- Oversee Recoup activities.
- Provide the site with updates on inventory adjustments, dumps, damages, and non-conforming product – Monthly Scorecard.
- Track period-end cycle count completion / accuracy.
- Develop sense of urgency on the shift by working with maintenance and all employees to reduce system, operational and mechanical downtime and minor stops.
- Communicate, enforce and meet all company and site safety practices.
- Enforce and maintain strict site GMPs and AIB regulations.
- Maintain a Diversity and Inclusion culture for all employees
- Support and be an active member in the HSE Team
- Team player by working closely with the in-coming and out-going shifts by providing solid handoffs and communications to ensure each shift in the operation is successful.
- Lead pre-shift meetings provide accurate and timely business information and results to all employees
- Conduct performance reviews for direct reports
- Assign work schedules
- Provide coverage to fill in for operations staff on all 3 shifts
- Knowledge of PIT, WMS, Conveyor Equipment and Inventory and Warehousing practices.
- 3-5 years supervisory management in a distribution or production environment
- College degree preferred
- Demonstrated success leading teams
- Ability to build and enhance morale
- Demonstrated success in an operations environment
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to confront and resolve conflict
- Ability to develop subordinates
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Strong oral and written skills
- Ability to speak in front of groups and lead meetings
- Good computer skills
- Scheduling and staffing skills
- Experience with WMS
- Experience with SAP
- Experience with LMS
- Ability to develop and work daily with union leadership and union employees
- Ability to coach, facilitate, mentor and build trust during change
- Willingness to work flexible hours
Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement