This role will assist in ensuring the final steps of audio and video delivery are completed and bundled for distribution. This includes following up on artwork, audio, metadata, legal rights, publishing, sales and marketing distribution plans, and Universal representative validation. This role is vital to ensuring timely delivery of our digital products to market so that consumers can enjoy their music when they want it and how they want it. Responsible for project management of the divisional production schedule. It requires the management of internal IT teams and stakeholders to ensure the timely and clear communication of schedule requirements in addition to problem-solving ongoing issues and contributing to design ideas. This is an integral tool for production and marketing coordination worldwide for the division. Cross-train with physical production & distribution and asset curation, to include purchase order creation, vendor management, invoice processing, and frontline asset curation. In-depth research for issue resolution to include; missing products in the marketplace place, metadata modifications, and partner ticket resolution, to name a few. Overall working with internal and external IT teams to troubleshoot and develop system updates and enhancements.
- Product readiness management: Analyzing metadata for standards and practices accuracy; working with other teams to ensure all clearances and assets are in and ready, sending metadata into distributor systems; scheduling each product, adhering to detailed timing and partner instructions; ensuring all product data is correct before delivering to DSPs).
- Ad hoc research assignments: Catalog metadata and delivery research; troubleshooting missing products / incorrect metadata.
- Production Schedule Development and Management: Stay up to date and understand technical enhancements in order to assist the department with their understanding and help troubleshoot.
- Cross-team coverage: Cover additional operational tasks as needed, dependent heavily upon workload across the team.
- Minimum 3 years working with metadata
- Minimum 3 years of experience in production
- Ability to map out and understand downstream effects of decisions
- Ability to review processes regularly and suggest improvements
- Works great under pressure and dealing with large volume and pressing timelines
- Ability to influence co-workers across all levels and departments on best practices
- Highly Organized
- Attention to detail, problem-solving, and accuracy is critical
- Adhering to partner and distributor rules and guidelines is essential
- Adaptable; quick learner
- Strong work ethic
- Good interpersonal skills; very customer and service focused
- Responsive, inquisitive, thorough, and patient
- Energetic, efficient, excellent time-management skills; this is a FAST-PACED, continually evolving environment
- Working with metadata, preferably in the entertainment field
- Strong technical aptitude essential; knowledge of advanced Excel, and database structures
- General knowledge of asset database management
- Experience in production, preferably in music and entertainment
- Bachelor’s degree
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hollywood Records, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Hollywood Records, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.