A Dispute Specialist will demonstrate expertise in chargebacks while excelling at cross-functional communication.
We are looking for a highly motivated, inquisitive, and resourceful individual to join the Dispute Operations Team within Square’s Risk Organization.
What you will do:
- Be a subject matter expert on card disputes, both from the issuing and acquiring sides.
- Own the dispute intake process for Square Card, taking the appropriate actions in accordance with Square’s policies, applicable card scheme regulations, and federal regulations.
- Perform deep-dive investigations into complex disputes and perform root cause analysis to identify the true reason behind a dispute.
- Advocate for Square Sellers by monitoring and responding to cardholder disputes by ensuring the highest quality of representments.
- Gather evidence from various data sources, both internal and open sources, to prove the validity of the transaction, while meeting required timeframes and card scheme requirements.
- Manage dispute escalations and complaints with the highest degree of efficiency and professionalism.
- Keep up with card network updates and regulations to ensure continued compliance.
- Effectively communicate with customers, and internal and external parties to ensure all SLAs are met.
- Work with product development teams to identify, document, and implement support improvements and feature enhancements.
- Work cross-functionally with Credit Risk, Fraud Operations, Customer Success, Counsel, Analysts, and Engineers within Square.
- Build your knowledge of Risk at Square, and the broader payments industry.
- Bring an inclusive, thoughtful attitude committed to creative problem-solving, and getting things done and done right.
- Have a strong sense of curiosity, supportive nature, and go-getter attitude.
- 1+ year of experience working in payments fraud risk and/or credit card chargebacks
- 1+ year of experience in research, investigations, data analysis, or similar
- Excellent analytical skills with superb attention to detail
- Strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- A metrics-driven work style that leverages data to make informed decisions
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple competing priorities
- Ability to quickly grasp concepts and ideas, with willingness and/or ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A desire to help people and improve the customer experience
- A passion for Square and a strong interest in Financial Technology
- Flexibility to work holidays as may be required from time to time
Nice to have:
- Spanish or French fluency a plus
- Looker, SQL proficiency
This is a full-time (40/hr week) position
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.