AppleSanta Clara Valley (Cupertino), CAa month ago
At Apple, we take pride in surprising and delighting our customers with innovative products and services that enrich lives. The people here at Apple explore ideas that create new markets and revolutionize how people live. They believe better solutions exist and focus on defining and perfecting them. Bring your passion, dedication, and expertise and find out how much you can make a difference. Join Apple, and help us make the world better for our future generations.
We are looking for an Operations Specialist to join our R&D operations team. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring that daily operations are executed with a high level of safety, efficiency and professionalism. You will plan daily logistics, ensuring that resources are used efficiently, and that program goals are accomplished on time and with a high degree of attention to detail. Through mastery of our systems and processes, you will help connect cross-functional team members to react to issues that arise, and proactively solve problems that occur.
- Previous success in a fast-paced operations or logistics role with proven experience solving problems faced by the team
- Possess functional technical skills and intermediate knowledge of working with consumer electronics, including basic troubleshooting theory, intermediate knowledge of macOS and iOS operating systems, and experience creating and following technical documentation; previous experience working with Linux OS and Unix command line a plus
- Thinks in systems: works through problems utilizing the systems and tools available; thinks about methodology and quality in addition to getting the “right answer”
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication, communicates with technical and non-technical people with ease
- Proficiency with use and troubleshooting of consumer technologies and IT systems; utilizes proprietary software tools, images operating systems, troubleshoots end-user issues, manages data on servers
- Experience with enterprise ticketing and documentation systems; JIRA and Confluence preferred
- Previous experience supervising multiple work streams which may need dynamic prioritization
- Excellent written and verbal communication of technical and safety-critical information
- Thorough understanding of hardware and software systems integration concepts
- Demonstrates experience balancing multiple projects and deadlines
- Rises to the challenge in demanding situations where time is a factor; thrives in an often ambiguous environment; maintains composure and positive attitude
- Self-motivated and proactive to create positive changes that benefit the team and program
The Operations Specialist will work hand in hand with operators, test technicians, logistics specialists, maintenance technicians, engineering, and program management to ensure that daily operations are successful. Your understanding of our systems and processes will help to set and keep the schedule on track. You’ll help us efficiently utilize our devices, and maintain the safety of our team. You will seek to proactively identify and report on problems, resolving them when possible, and keeping your management and engineering partners informed. You will collaborate with teams across several locales to plan and execute tests. Your organizational abilities and planning will aid you in managing logistics such as supply inventory, ordering, shipping, and receiving. You will develop procedures for communications, safety, and logistics that will be used by our test operators. You will plan daily objectives based on overall program goals.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree preferred; H.S. Diploma; or relevant work experience
- -Minimum driving experience of 3 years with clean driving record
- -No DUIs within last 10 years
- -Ability to engage in light to moderately strenuous activity: bending, sitting, standing, and walking for up to 8 hours on a daily basis
- -Available to work at variable hours including nights, weekend, and holidays at times; and periodic domestic travel depending on business needs