Operations Sales Leader
The Operational Sales Leader (OSL) is responsible for achieving sales and freshness growth, people growth, market share growth, and brand health by leading the execution of DSD Excellence, ensuring critical market sales initiatives are developed, managed and executed effectively in the marketplace and ensuring the establishment, maximization and attainment of world-class sales centers that enable effective product pickup and delivery and demonstrates ownership of and engagement in the marketing strategies and vision of the Company’s brands.
The OSL will lead execution of the sales Direct Store Delivery Excellence (DSDE) Playbook throughout the operational work streams in service of the Frontline sales people with the objective of driving growth of the business and of people.
The OSL will use leadership and sales expertise to deliver world-class sales, meeting clients’ critical needs and providing nutritious and delicious baked goods and snacks for all Americans. Take pride in the platform to foster the personal and professional growth of the team within a highly productive and deeply humane purpose.
Key Job Responsibilities:
Mindsets & Behaviors
- Embraces, embodies and leads DSDE practices and act upon the vision and values of BBU on a daily basis
- Exemplifies the characteristics of BBU and its Brands and extend those brand values through daily activities and leadership at the sales centers
- Leads sales center team and sales team to be accountable to DSDE standards and performance targets and execution of sales centers procedures and programs
- Fosters an atmosphere of continuous improvement to include the development of self, teams, and work processes. Embraces the value of feedback received via the coaching process and takes appropriate actions that result in constructive change
- Empowers and holds team accountable to successfully complete Leader Standard Work
Roles & Responsibilities
- Leads a world-class sales center, creating an environment that enables the sales team to efficiently and successfully attain and deliver BBU’s products and that advances engagement in the marketing strategies and vision of BBU’s brands
- Delivers on key performance indicators for sales, returns and other controllable expenses (product flow, inventory and labor) in order to achieve the key objectives for assigned sales area
- Engages and develops core competencies in sales center associates through training, coaching, mentoring, and consistent performance feedback
- Holds frontline sales professionals accountable for meeting key performance targets; execute procedures and programs to increase team productivity, team effectiveness, & quality of work
- Partners with team on order, route and store execution plans to help achieve yearly sales goals
- Engages with team on a weekly basis including order management, daily inventory distribution, merchandising, promotional activity & holiday planning
- Drives order management disciplines. Focused on order and distribution planning per the order management playbook
- Engages sales professionals in all facets of planning route sales activity, the dissemination of all sales promotional communication, and the delivery of sales data to facilitate the sales promotion
- Ensures availability and manages procurement of all point of sales material needed to properly execute merchandising, promotional activity, holiday planning, and customer requests
- Manages the day to day operation of Bakery Outlet Stores as needed.
- Recruits sales professionals and supports the development of route split strategies and route productivity initiatives
- Manages the recruiting, including providing realistic job previews, orientation, long-term on-onboarding and weekly scheduling of merchandisers.
- Manages overtime and temp labor costs
- Maintains accounts receivable, payment due balances, and Scan Based Trading accounts per policy
- Achieves the sales centers’ safety goals; deliver on safety awareness programs to eliminate unsafe acts, eliminate workplace injuries, and lead local organization to achieve the goal of zero injuries.
- Maintains and ensures compliance with Food Safety in alignment with Grupo Bimbo standards
- Additional duties as assigned
Support of Selling Capabilities
- Achieves KPIs for sales centers including revenue, returns, and safety, and assists sales team in achieving its' KPIs of Variable Contribution Margin (VCM), market time, and display execution
- Leads effective and efficient receiving, order picking and loading processes to support sales growth
- Partners with supply chain to achieve OTIF (on-time, in-full) targets to drive engagement and execution effectiveness
- Owns effective management of point of sale material to ensure proper and strategically targeted inventory levels to support demands in the market/marketing campaigns that provide an effective return on investment (ROI) and minimize waste
- Ensures communication of appropriate customer plan and team performance information to drive better execution in store
World-Class Sales Centers
- Owns Sales Center(s) and all operational aspects of day to day operations.
- Leads team in execution of DSDE Best Practices to ensure a world-class sales center and brand stewardship
- Leads BBU product accountability process to achieve target
- Ensures effective product recovery and donation to our communities
- Ensures fleet meets DSDE standards for safety, brand decaling and IBP identification
Key Behavioral Competencies:
Operation Sales Leader Specific Competencies:
- Ability to engage and inspire frontline associates and business partners to pursue the BBU vision for growth
- Ability to effectively manage complex operational systems and incorporate systems thinking and continuous improvement
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing conditions, eliminate/reduce deficiencies and maximize efficiency
- Ability to expand business value opportunities, guide sales opportunities, and motivate sales professionals to accomplish zone goals and targets.
- Demonstrates business acumen
- Ability to align performance for success
Sales Leader Core Competencies:
- Ability to create a culture and team with operational capabilities to achieve BBU’s objectives.
- Ability to create culture where encouragement, recognition and a sense of belonging are fundamental operational tenets
- Ability to empower and involve associates in planning and decision making.
- Ability to engage and develop others through coaching.
- Ability to establish objectives, ownership of work, and accountability for results.
- Ability to create culture where encouragement and recognition are fundamental operational tenets.
- Ability to provide vision and champion change
- Ability to build credibility and lead by example
- Ability to solve complex problems and make profitable decisions
- Ability to Influence and inspire
Sales Professional Core Competencies:
- Ability to handle complex information effectively to reach agreement in ambiguous or difficult situations
- Ability to negotiate and communicate effectively while building trust with others.
- Operates with a sense of urgency and takes initiative.
- Ability to mindfully plan in order to drive results
- Ability to operate with a customer focused mindset with the intent to build mutually beneficial partnerships.
Education and Work History:
Bachelor Degree in Business or related field preferred. A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
Ideal candidate will possess:
- 5-7 years of related experience in operations, customer relations or sales. DSD experience is a plus.
- At least 1-year experience leading and influencing others.
- A combination of training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively negotiate and influence others.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated people and business growth results
- Developed effective sales management accountability system
- Computer skills and proficiency, specifically PowerPoint, Excel, and Word is required.
- Warehouse/distribution experience is a plus
- Must have a valid driver's license with a safe driving record.
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a DOT Medical card
- Bilingual - English/Spanish a plus.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.