McKessonMontgomery, NY13 days ago
The selected candidate will be responsible for making sure the team is working as efficiently as possible and on the right set of priorities. In addition, the selected candidate will be responsible for collecting and analyzing metrics to ensure the team is successful. The Operations Manager will also be responsible for working Salesforce cases as this is a hands-on position. The manager will also be held accountable for establishing relationships across the organization and will work on cross functional initiatives.
Nights Shift: Sunday-Thursday 7:30pm-completion
Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the team’s case resolution for tickets classified as Tier-I across the various functional areas
- Manage escalations
- Responsible for case routing to other Operations teams, Development and Infrastructure teams as appropriate
- Partner with other groups and peers on process improvement opportunities that will help improve the customer experience and/or reduce support volume
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate appropriate policies and procedures for advanced IT operations including development and maturation of case escalation processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organization. Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and external customers.
- Manage the work activities of direct reports to ensure the highest productivity. Identify and develop key performance standards and metrics to drive desired culture and work to ensure their achievement.
- Project support case volumes and ensure adequate staffing to ensure prompt response times to all support cases.
- Oversee all support personnel training to ensure applicable subject matter expertise as well as identification of new learning opportunities and distribution of knowledge across team members. Team members should be able to handle cases of increasing complexity across functional areas
- Provide metrics to manage the effectiveness of the group, individuals and the processes used
- Manage on-call coverage and rotation
5+ years in an Operations Support role
At least 2 years in a people management role
Proficiency with MS office
WMS System experience
- 2+ years of Information Technology management or supervisory experience including performance management
- 3+ years of experience supporting customers in a high volume, high transaction environment
- Experience collecting and analyzing performance management data
- Experience in SQL Server writing including medium to advanced queries
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Experience in the health care environment is a plus
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or relevant experience
General Office Demands
Up to 10% overnight travel
Career Level - Manager - M2
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAcquisition@mckesson.com .
Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!