At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for an energetic team-player and leader, with a strong background in operations to join our Bike and Scooters team. You will work with our local bike and scooter markets to manage front-line process control and process optimization of our front-of-house and depot-based service delivery operations. You will also be a skilled manager who can easily lead a team of leads and associates in a centralized role to support our local markets and their contract operating partners in achieving process excellence and best-in-class operations.
The Operations Manager -Service Delivery role at Lyft TBS drives cross-functional initiatives, leveraging strong leadership, planning, communication, and collaboration skills. It’s a role for problem solvers that makes things happen around them by setting clear goals, planning, and delivering on initiatives. It’s both a strategic and tactical role to do what it takes to successfully deliver key programs that have a material impact on the business.
If you share our vision for transportation that empowers local communities, reduces our environmental footprint and brings people together, we’d love to meet you!
- Managing a team of three that is responsible for front line process control over front-of-house service delivery processes and depot operations, which includes:
- Deployment and collection of bikes, scooters and other future rideable platforms
- In-field battery swapping and battery transport operations for platforms with motor assist components
- Customer-facing valet operations
- Depot organization and flow
- Proprietary warehouse tools management
- Spare parts inventory management and systems at depots and maintenance facilities
- Battery charging and integrity management, including inspections, testing, storage, and general life-cycle management
- Lead motorized vehicles lifecycle management (leasing, upfitting, fuel subscriptions, maintenance, costing reporting, auditing and sunsetting)
- Observe, collect feedback, create, improve, and document standard operating procedures (SOP’s) that optimize our operations and work for key stakeholders
- Support launches of our bike and scooter products in existing and new markets by planning and performing trainings on use of operational tools and technologies to ensure launch success
- Perform quality assurance visits to assess process compliance across local markets and ensure sustainable corrective actions are put in place by our operators
- Standing up local market feedback loops to support knowledge-sharing and opportunities for process optimization.
- Ensuring safety protocols are in place and observed
- Partnering with engineering, operations, science, safety & compliance, legal council, and external operators to achieve business line objectives and key results, while monitoring supporting KPIs to assess overall local market health
- 7+ years of operations experience involving human and physical processes, ideally in an environment heavily dependent on front line workforces
- 3+ years leading a team of direct reports and individual contributors
- Excellent cross-functional collaborator and partner, you find win-wins for all parties
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp complex problems, with communication skills to work with a variety of stakeholders, including senior executives
- Ideal candidates will have some combination of the following attributes:
- Experience in lean, six sigma, 5S (or similar systems), including direct implementation experience
- Fluency in operational KPIs, including ability to determine root-cause drivers of positive and negative trends. Experience with 5-whys, Fishbone, FMEA, or other root cause tools
- Warehouse management and optimization experience, including spare parts management in a transportation sector
- Experience in field services, including operations that involve technicians and field associates
- Ability to travel 25-30%
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated and up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; and 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.
This role is work-from-anywhere, excluding the following states and all U.S. territories: Alabama, Delaware, Iowa, Kansas, Mississippi, Oklahoma, West Virginia, Puerto Rico