When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG! Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation’s premiere propane company, serving over 1.5 million residential, commercial, industrial and motor fuel propane customers. Together, over 6,500 dedicated professionals will deliver over 1 billion gallons of propane from 1,800+ distribution points across the United States.
The Operations Manager has the operational responsibility for their assigned district location(s). Under the direction of the Area Manager, this position will manage operations of the district(s) with accountability for employee safety, customer experience, operational efficiencies and operating expenses.
- Ability to function independently in a supervisory role in the absence of the manager
- Is committed to world class safety and customer service
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safety Management
- Is responsible for all aspects of safety within the assigned district location, including compliance with safety codes and policies,
- Articulates a safety vision for his or her team; considers the impact on safety when making decisions
- Trains employees and monitors compliance safety policies and procedures; accident avoidance and safety driving; consistently reinforces safety messages
- Customer Experience
- Makes customers a high priority; is committed to exceeding the needs of all customers
- Proactively identifies problems that negatively impact the customer’s experience
- Celebrates excellent customer service and recognizes individuals who provide exceptional service to customers
- Partners with the Customer Experience Services team to resolve customer issues timely as needed
- Conduct priority customer visits to enhance relationships and conduct customer calls/visits to address issues.
- Operational Efficiency
- Responsible for completing the weekly productivity and service planners and coordinating efforts with the Service and Delivery Coordinators through a weekly call; drives employee productivity and meets or exceeds performance metrics for delivery and service
- Works closely with Service Coordinator and Delivery Coordinator to ensure delivery and service orders are completed as planned
- Ensures procedures are followed to complete daily work accurately
- Reviews district performance reports and dashboards metrics
- Responsible for timely permit management
- Team Management
- Plans, directs and manages staffing and development of employees by effectively communicating company strategic goals; conducting effective and timely performance appraisals; ensures all required training for employees is completed
- Consistently communicates and updates critical performance areas for the District and the Area to staff
- Monitors employee productivity through use of the Field Utilization & Efficiency reporting and other tools
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively with code enforcement officials, regulatory personnel and permitting jurisdictions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret reporting documents relating to District performance, safety and technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
Education and Experience Required:
- High school diploma required, college degree strongly preferred
- Five or more years’ experience in a management role. Experience in the propane industry is a plus.
- Computer skills and Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to hazardous or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions.
AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be willing to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. Successful applicants shall be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with AmeriGas policies. As a federal contractor that engages in safety-sensitive work, AmeriGas cannot permit employees in certain positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such positions who are actively using medical marijuana may be denied hire on that basis.