ZapposLouisville, KY5 days ago
As an Operations Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead an inbound operation, outbound operation, or a functional process on a specified shift or across multiple shifts within Zappos Fulfillment Center. You will be responsible for leading, developing and engaging a team of exceptional talent that makes innovation possible. One of your main focuses will be motivating, mentoring and coaching your team to become the best leaders and teammates they can be.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates and managers
- Ensuring quality, delivery and budget objectives are met
- Motivating, organizing and encouraging teamwork within the workforce to ensure set productivity targets are met
- Delivering and fulfilling objectives and directions from the operation's headquarters
- Leading and developing a team of 2-5 Area Managers (front-line supervisors) and 100-300 hourly associates by embodying Zappos Core Values
- Acting as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency and taking corrective action when needed
- Mentoring, training and developing teammates for career progression, performance improvement and recognition purposes
- Creating, communicating and maintaining quality control policies and standard work procedures to Area Managers and associates
- Proactively identifying and leading process improvement initiatives using Lean tools to delight and WOW customers
- Carrying out responsibilities for the use of automated and computerized systems
- Building and delivering productivity plans by reviewing work forecasts, determining productivity requirements and partnering with other Operations Managers to balance labor
- Evaluating performance objectives and metrics to determine inbound or outbound productivity requirements to achieve customer time, accuracy, and quality expectations
- Partnering with other managers to share best practices across shifts and network
- Producing regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Ensuring the health, cleanliness and security of the work environment
- Other tasks as required
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 5 to 7 years in a Supply Chain/Operations/Logistics Lead/Production Manager role or have a bachelor’s or MBA degree in Engineering, Operations or related field
- 3 plus years of experience leading other leaders; direct experience managing front-line supervisors and have been responsible for supporting their performance and their associates.
- Experience in a WMS environment strongly preferred.
- Solid understanding of distribution environments, including purchasing, inventory and warehouse operations.
- Volunteer to lead projects and help your team achieve goals. You have a track record of taking ownership and driving results.
- Experience working with numbers and using data to provide thought-provoking and workable solutions. Data is what you look to when given a problem to solve
- Work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
- Experience with identifying and implementing small and large-scale process improvement initiatives using data-driven techniques (performance metrics or Lean techniques)