The Operations Manager oversees production operations, under the guidance of the VP, Operations & Production. This role is responsible for ensuring each department meet their monthly/quarterly/yearly production goals. The Director of Production ensures timely delivery of goods to the market and ensures the quality standards of the company are maintained at every level of production. Due to the hands-on nature of cannabis production, the Director of Production must be able to lead by example. This role works closely with the Head of Cultivation, Head of Inventory & Logistics, Director of Wholesale, Finance and reports directly to the VP, Operations & Production.
- Maintains clear and consistent communication with department heads
- Bridges gaps in departmental process and issues directives with clear goals for success
- Measures success and areas of improvement and shares results with department heads on a regular basis
- Ensures all staffing goals are met in each department and monitors any potential retention risks in real time
- Understands and monitors expected yields and outputs by department
- Works directly with the Head of Cultivation and Head Grower to ensure all company SOP’s are being followed and KPI’s are met on a consistent basis
Production Planning and Product Development
- Works with Director of Wholesale & Purchasing to plan and execute monthly production goals.
- Ensures proper par levels of cannabis products and supplies are maintained in each department and conducts regular checks on costing where necessary
- Works with finance to maintain all COGS and provides input on product pricing to the Sales team
- Tracks and reviews processing logs to ensure production accuracy at all levels
- Directly oversees project management team responsible for product development
- Maintains high-level relationships with all VIP vendors
- Ensures Lab team executes testing samples in an efficient manner and communicates any potential impacts on production planning/goals
Production Efficiency, Compliance & Workplace Safety Oversight
- Automation and process flow champion
- Requests, manages and tracks regular efficiency time studies in each production department (as needed) to ensure the facility maintains a cutting edge standard
- Works closely with the Facilities Manager to ensure scheduling of routine maintenance for building and equipment; along with ensuring all safety protocols are being enforced
- Ensures all SOP’s are updated and maintained by department
- Works with compliance team to state current on all CCC regulations pertaining to production
- Trains and maintains compliance standards with METRC by department
- Preferred - Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the cannabis industry with a focus on production planning, product development and personnel management or equivalent experience in a Production environment.
- Proven track record of operating in a highly regulated industry; specific understanding of PA compliance regulations.
- Preferred proficiency in the following technical areas: METRC, Leaf Logics, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Sheets, Project Management software.
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or commensurate experience in the cannabis industry.
- Must be 21 years of age or older as required by the PA Cannabis Commission.
- Able to pass all background checks as mandated by PA Cannabis Commission.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Prior Cannabis Industry Experience preferred.
- Experience operating in or managing a high-volume MIPs Program, Extractions Lab & Packaging Department.
- Capable of working directly with multiple departments across a large organization.
- This role is based out of our Production Facility in Woodbridge NJ
- Must be open to occasional travel to other locations
- All travel in excess of the standard commute (to and from work) will be reimbursed at the national travel reimbursement rate
- Must be able to work on weekends or after standard business hours as business needs requires
- Sitting, standing and walking motion/movement will be required at various Marketing events
- Occasional lifting, positioning or moving items up to 75 pounds.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.