Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC, English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test, and even Math.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
Help us transform the English proficiency test industry and work with a global workforce to make the Duolingo English Test a success!
We are hiring an Operations Manager to join our Duolingo English Test Proctoring Team to support our growing remote workforce and to work out of our Pittsburgh office. This is the ideal role for someone who is interested in learning the intricacies of operations within a global workforce in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
- Manage day-to-day administrative operational tasks, including but not limited to managing our scheduling process for a large, remote team, approving timesheets and invoices, maintaining and updating records, and coordinating onboarding and offboarding activities
- Assist with special projects and have opportunities to take on increased responsibility
- Be willing and able to be on call on a rotating basis in the evenings, on weekends, and on holidays
- Be willing and able to take on additional duties and projects as assigned
- 2+ years of HR, administrative, or operations coordination experience
- A bachelor's degree or higher
- Exceptional customer service focus
- Ability to work very quickly and accurately
- Excellent attention to detail
- Stellar planning and organizational skills
- Highly professional communication skills
- A passion for making education accessible to all
Exceptional Candidates Will Have...
- HR generalist experience
- Assessment operations experience
- Experience working with a remote, contingent workforce
- Applied ESL background
- Fluency in Spanish, Mandarin, French, or an Indian language
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Because Duolingo intends to require all employees to return to work from an office, all employees will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and have received any booster doses as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to remain employed unless they have an exemption to vaccination pursuant to a required reasonable accommodation. This is so that our employees feel safe in the office.
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' holistic well-being with our benefits here.