The Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing all operational functions which may include inventory control, housekeeping, maintenance and selling service associates. This position is responsible for adhering to P&L budget for all operational areas. The Manager of Operations communicates trains and implements all company policies and ensures compliance. The Operations Manager will create efficient processes, set parameters and implement directives to support operational efficiency and growth.
All other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Manages shipping and receiving department. Assess actions to be taken with receiving issues. Ensure the timely movement of merchandise and adherence to all procedural guidelines including but not limited to transfers, RTVs, damages, negative on hands etc. Through management of inventory control associates and other operational staff, ensure the organization and efficient operation of all back of house space.
- Takes part in all managerial responsibilities for efficient running of the business inclusive of overseeing and validating cash handling procedures are respected, appropriately documented and reported to Managing Director. Operations Manager will contribute and work in tandem with retail management team as needed and in fair rotation. Operations Manager will also assist in the absence of Managing Director and Floor Directors during Podium, vacations or in the absence of the Assistant Manager or Selling Supervisor.
- Ensure workflow of all after-sales service and craftspeople/tailors if applicable.
- Performs and prepares for all inventories and cycle counts, including reconciliations of stock discrepancies. Performs stock adjustments.
- Liaison with corporate construction and maintenance department and outside vendors with regards to any maintenance needs. Ensure building and store are maintained to company standard and all issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Ensure functionality of all IT and phone system by communicating with corporate contacts and securing resolutions.
- Acts as a liaison with outside vendors for monthly need and or special events.
- Partners with Managing Director to manage operational team and vendors ensuring appropriate scheduling training and coaching. Manages E-time and keeps accurate record of vacation and time and attendance with HR. This includes all SSA’s, housekeeping, shipping and receiving, asset protection guards and after sales staff as appropriate for the location.
- Coordinates and prepares evacuation drills and provides training to team with regards to emergency response preparedness.
- Responsible for and oversees all operations and after-sales supply orders.
- Oversees all Staff Sales
- Trains staffs to ensure compliance with all operational policies and procedures ensuring policies are thoroughly communicated to all staff in a timely manner.
- Recruits and maintains an active talent bank for any operational positions.
Supervisory Responsibility: YES
- Supervises Inventory Control, SSA and After-Sales positions.
Budget Responsibility: YES
- Budget guidelines are set annually. The Operations Manager will be directly involved with budget expectations with regards to selling supplies, cleaning and maintenance contracts, guard service, repairs, rental equipment and kitchen supplies. They will work within the confines of the budget in partnership with the respective corporate departments. The Operations Manager should identify areas for cost efficient and minimize costs when possible.
Decision Making Responsibility: YES
- Assess when general repairs need to be made to the building and when electronic equipment should be upgraded or replaced in partnership with corporate offices. Determine actions to be taken when receiving issues with negative on hands. Responsible for deciding when supply orders need to be placed. Implement efficient work flow processes for after-sales tracking.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Minimum Years of Experience
- 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience in luxury environment preferred.
- Proficient shipping and receiving experience.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong POS and phone systems knowledge.
- Extensive building maintenance experience.
- Must work well under pressure and have the ability to multi-task with accuracy.
- Acute interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Familiarity with international parent companies a plus.
- Ability to lift between 0-25 lbs. without assistance.
We are looking for a candidate that has a combination of the above attributes and can perform the key functions of the role with or without reasonable accommodations.
Hermès of Paris (USA) requires proof of full vaccination status as defined by the CDC and/or applicable state or local health agencies against the virus known as COVID-19, and any variants, as a condition of employment with Hermès of Paris (USA), except where prohibited by state or local law. Hermès of Paris (USA) will consider any reasonable requests for accommodations for disability and sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable laws.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Family is at the heart of Hermès. At Hermès of Paris, we are committed to being a Maison for All, a home where we make efforts to generate, support and advance the values of diversity, inclusion and family both within our own walls and in the wider world. At Hermès of Paris we look to create a diverse workforce of talented and unique individuals with different backgrounds, skillsets and worldviews that will enrich our Hermès of Paris family. We support our individual team members personal and professional success through a culture that values equality, individuality and fairness and through an environment where individuals can thrive and feel comfortable being their authentic selves. Beyond the walls of our Maison, we advance our DIF values through the work that we do in partnership with our community and non-profit partners.
At Hermès of Paris, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. It is the policy of Hermès of Paris, Inc. that applicants for employment are recruited, selected and hired on the basis of individual merit and ability with respect to positions being filled and potential for promotion or transfer which may be expected to develop. Applicants are recruited, selected and hired without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, citizenship, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. In addition, personnel procedures and practices with regard to training, promotion, transfer, compensation, demotion, lay off or termination are to be administered with due regard to job performance, experience and qualifications, but without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, citizenship, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hermès of Paris, Inc. also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Hermes, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, commercial information, professional or employment information, non-public education records, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at email@example.com.