POSITION REQUIREMENTS, EDUCATION & ESSENTIAL SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree concentration in construction management, engineering, or other closely related disciplines preferred.
- Certification in Construction/Facilities Management preferred.
- Lead the implementation and management of internal and external work order processes for facilities; ensuring processes are followed according to our quality management system and that traceability requirements are met.
- Provide high-level facilities and transportation support in the domains of regulatory compliance, financial accountability (or productivity), quality, and customer service.
- Assist the Senior Director of Projects & Systems in writing, reviewing and responding to program RFPs.
- Developing and preparing of executive-level reports on facilities, fleet, and certain Board-level data; prepare information in written form for presentation to key senior management.
- Assist the Senior Director of Projects & Systems with vehicle registrations
- Develop and maintain an electronic database on facilities and vehicular preventative maintenance services, annual inspections and government registrations.
- Assist Senior Vice President of Asset Management and Senior Director of Projects & Systems with information gathering, organization, and other meetings. Prepare necessary reports and presentations as assigned.
- Liaise with external business partners to and place service requests for repairs and for the resolution of other problems that might exist with fleet and facilities.
- Assist the Senior Director of Projects & Systems in responding to problems pertaining to vehicle accidents, including liaising with insurance companies.
- Develop and maintain vendor databases, relationships, and open accounts payable.
- As appropriate, assist with the management of specific sites’ maintenance needs.
- Perform special projects for the Senior Vice President of Asset Management, Senior Director of Projects & Systems and the Senior Director of Facilities as assigned.
- 3-5 years minimum professional experience in a range of facilities and/or operational areas.
- 3-5 years minimum experience in building management.
- Experience of being productive in a fast paced startup team or supporting senior managers.
- At least one year of experience as a facilities manager.
- At least 2 years in a similar role.
- Working knowledge of the laws, regulations, materials, methods, and tools involved in the construction of buildings.
- The ability to evaluate construction quality and maintain working knowledge of general conditions, work scope and specifications of a project.
- The ability to proactively communicate information to architects, subs, and vendors to enable them to work toward the successful completion of the project as scheduled.
- Ability to multi-task and handle short-term deadlines and conflicting priorities.
- Advanced computer skills are required. Experience working with Microsoft Office Applications.
- Extreme customer-service focus.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with others; think independently with minimum supervision; complete tasks on time.
- Ability to maintain a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Ability to handle restricted and confidential information in a professional manner and maintain the information as such.
- Quick Learner
Indoors; disease or infections; hearing; talking; walking; sitting; using hands on objects, tools or controls. Occasionally lift and or move up to 10 pounds. Other job characteristics – need to be exact or accurate; repeat same task.