Fort Lauderdale, FL
Las Vegas, NV
This employee must have a “can-do” attitude and an open-minded approach to projects and ideas. Will play a large role in the Event Operations team, as well as within the commercial families.
Goal of the position is to support the execution of operational delivery around assigned events. You will be part of the operations team with a group committed to help you succeed.
- Managing all operational aspects as a lead on smaller events usually acting as the single operational point of contact
- Information Classification: General
- Working as part of an Operational team on large events ensuring the execution of designated areas as well as helping to train and develop more junior staff as needed
- Lead, manage, deliver, and own your event including working with show team, venues and suppliers
- Communicate the detailed delivery plan with clear accountability pre-event to ensure exceptional delivery onsite
- Organize post-event debriefs, to continuously improve the events, and cascade to the vendors and suppliers
- The ability to manage total show operational budgets as well as manage to individual line items assigned to
- Proficient in providing accurate production cost estimates to internal teams
- Manage production work for the areas of responsibility assigned to you on your shows that you are not the lead on
- Responsible for coordinating logistics for designated show areas with vendors and other internal teams
- Work in tandem with assigned operational show lead and additional operations staff to carry out all operational functions on assigned events
- Manage multiple projects at once and deal with unexpected situation on show site.
- Maintain and develop strong working relationships and communication process with show teams, vendors, venues, etc
- Negotiate with general contractors and other vendors
- Ability to evaluate big picture supported recommendations to leadership team
The pay range for this position is $68,000 - $80,000 depending on experience.
- 3+ years in a relevant tradeshow operations execution
- An established track record of delivering operational success in the B2B or B2C space.
- Working closely with event teams: event director, marketing, sales, and finance departments.
- A college degree or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Ability to work in a vendor management web-based system
- Ability to work outside of traditional workday hours when needed
- Travel is required
- High attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work well with people in a service-oriented fashion
- Ability to travel and attend multiple trade shows, conferences, and site visits
- Multitasking skills with the ability to organize and coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Ambitious, energetic, positive and inquisitive constantly looking for the upside and ways of making things better
- Proactively manage all aspects of the event, someone who takes time to listen to our customers (internal/external) always looking to exceed expectations and assist with solutions
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.