Colgate-PalmoliveEmporia, KS2 months ago
Join our team as an Operations Manager! This role is responsible for the overall management of production within the plant site. Success will be accomplished through active involvement and development of work teams, appropriate mentoring and feedback, effective resource utilization and visible team leadership. Leadership role includes day to day operations through Team Leaders, as well as continuous improvement processes and programs through Area Leaders.
What are the responsibilities?:
- Drives improvement in team performance through effective communications to all levels of the Operation team
- Leads continuous improvement for plant processes, asset utilization, and operation efficiency.
- Furthers and develops positive relationships with Engineering, EOHS, and Quality Systems department.
- Efficient management of employee relations and performance management issues in coordination with Human Resources.
- Drives Continuous Improvement initiatives in EOHS, Quality, and Factory Performance and Reliability to enhance business performance.
- Provides leadership, vital for the development of salaried and non-exempt salaried employees in an effort to promote a well-trained, highly motivated workforce.
- Supports Environmental Occupational Health Safety (EOHS) initiatives.
- Supports the Quality initiatives that will support effective process implementation of new product start-up; timely completions of bi-annual Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) review with teams; and Quality audit preparation initiatives.
- Implements the standards of Factory Performance & Reliability (FP&R) within the teams, with focused emphasis in regards to People Capability, Visual Workplace, Autonomous Maintenance, Planned Maintenance, Continuous Improvement, Production Planning and Standard Daily Meeting.
- Assists the plant to achieve Funding-the-Growth (FTG) Savings by decreasing total labor costs and active participation in the plant FTG conceptualization session.
- Bachelor's degree.
- At least 10 years of dynamic supply chain experience of which five years must be in production/operation management, as well as project or process engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience within the Quality function within a plant environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Hill's Pet Nutrition? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75 years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills' mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
HILL'S® Prescription Diet® therapeutic pet foods, HILL'S® Science Diet® and HILL'S® Ideal Balance™ wellness pet foods are sold worldwide. Hill’s is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill's and Colgate, please
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.