Western National Insurance has an Operations Manager opening, and we are excited to be adding to our Edina, Minnesota team. This position will work in our Corporate Headquarters managing operations support staff and ensuring business operations service standards are achieved.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to deliver solutions and decisions that have positive impacts. The person in this role is responsible for the success and professional growth of a support team and will participate in project work to improve customer satisfaction, processes, and system automation. The individual in this position will also utilize their knowledge of insurance rating procedures and other industry standards, concepts, and best practices to meet Company goals.
The ideal candidate will bring a strong level of knowledge and experience in property-and-casualty insurance as well as solid experience as a people leader with exceptional supervisory skills and ability to coach and develop people. If this sounds like you, please read on and apply with your resume!
- Selects, coaches, develops, and retains staff to achieve company, departmental and individual goals.
- Oversees and manages underwriting operations functions including new and renewal policies, endorsements, cancellations, and reinstatement processes.
- Organizes people and work distribution; creates and maintains related metrics for simple to complex processes.
- Creates opportunities for synergy and integration of workflow.
- Ensures the support team maintains effective internal and external business relationships.
- Participates in processes for evaluating automation changes to ensure correct premium and coverage applications as well as a satisfactory customer experience.
- On occasion, oversees mailroom, audit team, and vendor relationships or training and procedure development.
- Consults with managers or underwriters on unfamiliar risks, tasks, and changes outside of authority level.
- Applies knowledge to help solve problems of multifaceted scope and complexity.
- Communicates and collaborates with partner agents, team members and staff from other departments.
- Completes regular work and other assigned projects within established timeframe.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, direct, and develop people.
- Advanced knowledge of insurance coverage and rating procedures preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of industry standards, concepts, and best practices preferred.
- High level of knowledge in personal and/or commercial lines across multiple disciplines and broad business segment preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of systems used for policy processing.
- Must be able to exercise sound business judgment.
- Demonstrated time management with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong business relationships.
- Effective communication skills, including listening, writing, and presenting information clearly.
- Proficient use of various core systems, office and computer equipment and software packages.
- Associate degree in relevant field of study or equivalent education and work experience required.
- CPCU, AINS, API, or CIC certification preferred.
CULTURE AND TOTAL REWARDS:
Currently ranked as the 37th largest private company by revenue in Minnesota (Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal), Western National has earned accolades year-over-year as an employer of choice and garnered multiple awards for wellness in the workplace including the Wellness by Design Platinum +Green award from Hennepin County and is a mspWellness Champion. Western National was also named a Star Tribune Top Workplace in 2021 and 2022. The company is also consistently recognized as a Wards Top 50 performing property-and-casualty insurance company for its outstanding financial results.
Western National has long been known as “The Relationship Company®,” and caring for our employees is a part of that relationship commitment. Western National values connectiveness, empowerment, and accountability. Western National offers competitive pay, advancement opportunities, a generous benefits package, a robust wellbeing program, and a commitment to a healthy work/life balance. These attributes are just some of the reasons why nearly half of our employees choose to stay on the Western National team for ten years or more!
Western National offers full time employees a significant Total Rewards Package, including:
- Medical insurance Plan options
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Plan (plus company match)
- Wellbeing Program
- Onsite Fitness Studio
- Paid volunteer time
- Time Off – including vacation and holiday pay
- 100% company-paid tuition reimbursement for approved job-relevant coursework and access to The Institutes (Risk & Insurance Education)
- Workplace Flexibility
- Discounts on personal auto and homeowner's insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Profit-sharing bonus
- Other standard employee benefits – including dental insurance, vision benefits, life insurance, disability insurance, and more.
Western National provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.