Stitch FixMohnton, PA8 days ago
We are looking for a bright, kind and motivated by challenge Factory Operations Manager to help us grow our first Manufacturing facility. We currently have a small and skilled team of clothing manufacturing professionals in Mohnton, PA and are looking to add an Operations Manager to support our production and pre-production teams. . Our beautiful mills were built in the 1800’s and have been used to create clothing ever since. Our fabric is made in the Shillington location by our knitting team, cut in Mohnton, and finished by the sewing team. This is an exciting opportunity which enables Stitch Fix to manufacture specialty garments in the USA and with the close proximity of our Manufacturing facility to our largest warehouse, we are able to get products into the hands of our clients faster.
Our product quality and construction standards are high and we are proud of the contribution our factory makes to the company and our Clients.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an Operations Manager, you will own strategic planning and drive execution of building-wide initiatives to support our company goals. You will work directly with the GM and the Leadership team to plan and assess projects and resource requirements. Your role will rely heavily on partnership with all areas of the business including Pre-Production, Production, Design and Technical Design to understand all areas of operation and the departments impact on budget, timelines, production output and the ability to help remove obstacles to support these areas running efficiently.
YOU’RE EXCITED ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE YOU WILL…
- Be an integral part of creating and nurturing our Stitch Fix culture -- promoting and living our values of Partnership, Integrity, Responsibility, Authenticity and Innovation every day. Most importantly, you are responsible for inspiring others to be their best selves while creating a fun, fulfilling, and safe place to work for everyone.
- Connect your team to our vision and bring focus & intention to delivering on projects and priorities on a departmental, building-wide, and network-level scale
- Use your strong communication skills to balance and lead multiple projects at one time, creating a successful and efficient process flow.
- Demonstrate agile leadership by leading through periods of ambiguity and fostering the same mindset within your team
- Recruit, interview, and onboard new team members to build an exceptional team of bright, kind and goal oriented employees and empower others to do the same as we continue to create our Stitch Fix team
- Develop great partnerships as you regularly seek, share and incorporate high-quality feedback to increase impact and drive development for you and your team
- Model and champion innovation by encouraging your team to find ways to do things more effectively, ask client-centric questions, share their learning with others, and work through challenges and obstacles
- Run an effective operation with support from cross-functional partners while spending the majority of your time focusing on people management
- Review daily performance data and analyze for trends and opportunities . Make informed decisions and respond to changing operational needs effectively e.g. staffing and process changes
- Help create and grow our overall capabilities through strategic planning and drive execution of building-wide initiatives to support our company goals
- Set a high bar when it comes to attention to detail and inspire the team to hold themselves accountable to the same high standards for their work
- Experience the “art and science” of our business first hand and find creative ways to do things better and more effectively for our Clients.
WE’RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE…
- You have 5+ years of experience working directly with clothing based manufacturing factories
- You have a degree specializing in Apparel Design, Fashion Design, Product Development or an equivalent field.
- You are comfortable working with and developing end garments made from knit fabric including but not limited to jersey, polyester blends, spandex and ribs.
- You have experience planning and organizing production schedules for a large employee base of 50+
- You have experience planning payroll based budgets and timelines
- You are innovative, always looking for ways to make process improvements
- You have a record of success with balancing competing priorities and seeing projects through to successful completion.
- You enjoy working with numbers, get excited about meeting goals and metrics, tracking and recording production, hourly ratios and materials needed for production.
- You think testing and iterating is fun and love being part of the solution when it comes to navigating the unknown.
- You display a can-do attitude and can be flexible in your role, knowing that the Client is always top of mind and that priorities can change quickly.
- You welcome high-quality feedback and see it as crucial to being your best self.
- You are energized by being in the action -- you’ll be on your feet 8-10 hours a day, walking, bending and lifting up to 50 pounds that keep your body in constant motion.
- You have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- You are at least 18 years old.
- You are Bright, Kind, and Goal-Oriented and embody our values of Partnership, Integrity, Innovation, and Responsibility
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT STITCH FIX
- We are a group of bright, kind and motivated by challenge people. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- Your feedback and unique point of view will be welcomed, appreciated and expected.
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation.
- We are a technology and data-driven business.
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Transforming the way people find what they love.”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact.
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously.
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas.
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day.