Our WW Operations network delivers millions of packages and smiles to Amazon customers every day. We are looking for motivated, customer-focused individuals who want to join our team as an Operations Manager. In this role, you will lead and develop a team of salaried and hourly talent.
You will be responsible for engaging your team during their shifts to maintain the highest levels of safety, quality, attendance, and performance.
To achieve this, managers are expected to provide their team with the tools needed for success while driving improvements in productivity and efficiency through data-driven decisions and analytical problem-solving. You will also play a key role in maintaining our customer expectations to ensure customer orders are delivered at the right time, to the right location.
Our Operation’s workflow has three major components: First mile - where the product is housed and ready for order; Middle mile - where the order is hauled to your area; and Last mile - when the product is delivered to the customer’s door. Please note that all workflows have slight building variations, but one thing is constant: our vision and dedication to the customer.
Our fulfillment network launches new Operations sites every year, providing various opportunities for your professional growth. We hire Operations Managers based on location preference and the business’ current openings.
Key job responsibilities
- Support, mentor, and motivate your salaried and hourly workforce
- Lead large-scope projects with site and regional impact
- Build and execute productivity plans through forecast reviews, determining productivity requirements, and partnering with other Leaders to load balance
- Manage safety, quality, productivity, and customer delivery promises
- Collaborate with all support teams including Safety, Engineering, Loss Prevention, Quality Assurance, Human Resources to develop plans to meet business objectives
- Lift up to 49 pounds and frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
- Stand/walk for up to 12 hours during shifts
- Work in an environment where the noise level varies and can be loud
- Work in an environment that is subject to variable temperatures and weather (delivery stations include outside loading departments)
- Continuously climb and descend stairs (applies to sites with stairs)
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Barrhaven, ON, CAN | Ottawa, ON, CAN
- 3+ years of employee and performance management experience
- Bachelor's degree, or 2+ years of Amazon (blue badge/FTE) experience
- Work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
1+ years of performance metrics, process improvement or lean techniques experience
Amazon s’engage à créer un milieu de travail diversifié et inclusif. Amazon est un employeur qui offre à tous les mêmes opportunités et ne fait pas de discrimination fondée sur la race, l’origine nationale, le sexe, l’identité sexuelle, l’orientation sexuelle, le statut d’ancien combattant protégé, le handicap, l’âge ou autres statuts protégés par la loi. Les personnes handicapées qui souhaitent présenter une demande d’accommodement, sont invitées à aviser leur recruteur.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.