New York, NY
Los Angeles, CA
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 222 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, feature films and mobile games across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Tudum is your headquarters for the best of Netflix, no matter if you’re simply curious or a superfan. We give you inside access to the people and stories behind our TV shows and movies. Whether you’re fueling your passion for a long-standing favorite or finding your next obsession, Tudum makes watching Netflix better.
The Publishing team at Netflix is the home of our owned content platforms – Tudum.com, Queue and Podcasting. We’re here to build meaningful relationships between Netflix audiences and content through new direct, personal, and vibrant experiences. Our team’s work is unique in that we’re the place for exclusive and insider access to the people, shows and stories behind Netflix.
About Publishing Operations:
The Publishing Operations team creates best in class systems-level operational and infrastructure strategy to build and support the Publishing group at Netflix, enabling teams to focus on great storytelling seamlessly and at scale across platforms.
The Publishing Operations Program Manager works across Product, Design, Editorial (visuals, audio, editorial), Growth & Engagement and Engineering to drive collaboration and alignment on Tudum projects, roadmap milestones and outcomes. They’re a key partner to Product, Design, G&E and Editorial in managing inputs and feedback from prioritization to project level work. The role will facilitate communication and planning, and drive alignment and feedback across multiple projects and teams.
Tudum is a collaborative and highly cross functional project. The Publishing Operations Program Manager role is to connect the dots and be a problem solver. They will be deep in the project work details, able to spot patterns and opportunities across projects and teams, and identify holistic solutions.
The Program Manager works with the product managers, editorial and design leads and audience and growth to execute against roadmap priorities and plans. This role ensures all teams are in alignments and working collaboratively both at the roadmap and the project level, and in service of the larger Tudum mission and roadmap.
- Facilitate alignment and collaboration across Editorial, Design, G&E, Engineering and PM on project work and milestones that inform the overall roadmap and priorities
- Work closely with PM to ensure projects ladder up to goals, are sequenced properly and have the right inputs and feedback
- Day-to-day project support for product, design and editorial to highlight risks/issues and help drive resolution
- Communicate timelines across teams for work to kickoff / be picked up, and monitor project milestones and deliverables to ensure deadlines are met
- Support meeting needs, including identifying attendees and operating cadence
- Ensure teams are represented in project work and can give feedback at the right time, including identify and assign editorial representatives to project level work
- Surface briefs, key decisions, and milestone to editorial team and stakeholders for feedback on project deliverables
- Project manage meetings – set agenda, facilitate action items & accountability for follow up
- Monitor and ensure intake for new projects, and feedback on Product / Business Requirement Docs (PRDs, BRDs)
- Support release launches by socializing latest status update, collecting feedback and providing accountability on revisions or follow-up
- Work closely with Tudum teams and SPR to help develop and implement an overall engagement model for the team, including best practices, workflows and methods for feedback develop
- Socialize roadmap & corresponding projects to the greater business partner teams, including Legal, PR, Comms, Customer Support, Policy, DSE, MarStrat, Creative Production
- 5-7+ years of editorial experience
- Understanding of editorial workflows, planning and tools
- 3-5+ years of applicable program management experience in a technology or creative environment
- Demonstrated delivery of programs and projects, preferably multiple successful product launches that drove meaningful impact to the business
- Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills and the ability to manage in an environment of ambiguity with a diverse range of partners
- The communication skills to clearly articulate concepts
- Experience working in continuous delivery environments where the pace is fast
- A willingness to fail and learn
- Earnest, mature, and ego-free. You welcome candid feedback and can constructively give it as well