Are you thinking about improving your career development and your professional growth? We invite you to join one of the most successful international logistics organizations here at Kuehne+Nagel. Our Ellenwood branch is looking for a new Nightshift Operations Manager to join our Contract Logistics team.
Reporting to the General Manager you will support production department managers to develop a smooth flow of inventory into the warehouse for both shipping and storage.
- You will establish long-range labor needs based on sales forecasts and input from management with the support of the General Manager.
- You will make recommendations on programs to improve operations.
- Lead warehouse meetings.
- You will collaborate with the management team to establish goals.
- Lead the operations of the warehouse Supervisory personnel to achieve prescribed goals.
- You will control and direct all transportation into and out of the warehouse to meet company standards.
- Support Production Department Managers to develop a smooth flow of inventory into the warehouse for both shipping and storage.
- To set up the standard training program for all levels of employees involved in the operations and to train them
- You will ensure compliance with all DC safety policies.
- You will complete annual performance reviews.
Your Skills and Experiences
- Five years of management experience in a warehousing environment.
- Bachelor degree in supply chain management discipline or manufacturing preferred.
- Working knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Continuous Process Improvement.
- Strong WMS knowledge and problem solving skills are important.
- 1+ years of experience of E-commerce in an automated facility preferred.
There has never been a better time to work in logistics. Bring your skills to an industry that offers stability and international career growth. Here is what else you get from us: We offer a great compensation and medical/dental benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs, and a fun, and interesting global work environment. With over 76,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne+Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. As an employer, Kuehne+Nagel stands for equal opportunity, and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne+Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.
Kuehne+Nagel is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful retaliation. Kuehne+Nagel strictly prohibits all discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religious creed or belief, physical or mental disability, marital or familial status, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sexual orientation, citizenship status, protected activity (such as opposition to or reporting of prohibited discrimination or harassment. Kuehne+Nagel will also make reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees, including accommodations for pregnancy and childbirth, and for the sincerely held religious beliefs of applicants and employees depending upon individual circumstances unless such accommodation would create an undue hardship on Kuehne+Nagel.