This position is responsible for managing and directing multiple functions in the branch office, including Import & Export Operations and Warehouse. Coordinates daily activities between section management and senior Company management assuring compliance with Company policies and the meeting of corporate business objectives by performing the following duties or accomplishing them though subordinate managers.
Essential Job Functions
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY
- Provides broad management guidance and supervision over several functions including Import & Export Operations and Warehouse.
- Ensures that all policies and procedures are developed; business plan strategies, time lines, goals, etc. are monitored and followed.
- Monitors and reviews departmental staff’s work activities through individual meetings and group meetings to ensure that all work activities are proceeding smoothly to plan.
- Delegates and advises departmental staff regarding the company’s corporate philosophy and business practices.
- Motivates, develops and mentors departmental staff for improved performance.
- Develops and presents to Senior Management matters requiring decisions regarding departmental activities.
- Responsible for managing and directing the all day-to-day work activities for the Export & Import Operations and Warehouse departments including customer service, booking, documentation, rate quotation, compliance, customs clearance, customs brokerage, notification, delivery and warehouse coordination.
- Handles key customers, complicated inquiries and problems.
- Negotiate with vendors, carriers and contractors to optimize best combination of service and rates.
- Directs and/or handles investigation and resolution of customer problems.
- Continuously improves customer satisfaction through programs to reduce delinquencies, provide on-time delivery, and meet customer quality and cost expectations.
- Stays current and complies with the government and other regulations and rules.
- Plans out and provides analysis for improving departmental work processes and decreasing costs. May produce statistical reports, analyses, and exhibits for internal use of management staff.
- Meets with key customers, assisting sales team with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Makes sure that customer is provided with successful and consistent after service.
- Assists customers with a variety of questions and sales support activities (shipping issues, delivery instructions, billing, and documentation).
OTHER & MISCELLANEOUS
- Seeks constant improvement, more efficient and less expensive ways and means in work processes.
- Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by senior management.
- Maintains high ethical standards in the work place.
- Reports all irregular issues and problems to supervisors for solution.
- Maintains good communication with supervisors, subordinates and outside contacts.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working area.