Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Be responsible for the maintenance and inventory across the entire Pet Care Center.
- Ensure merchandise is properly stocked, priced, and displayed to create a great presentation for our guests.
- Process register transactions in a way that creates a great experience for each guest.
- Be proficient within our selling model and support guest interactions as needed.
- Have a strong interest in animal welfare and support animal care procedures to maintain pet health.
- Complete and apply training programs to maintain a high level of expertise of their role.
- Promote a positive culture of teamwork, inclusion, and collaboration.
- Adhere to established operational guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Complete other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Evaluate guest inquiries and refers to the Leader on Duty as needed.
Other Essential Duties
- UTILIZE SELLING BEHAVIORS. You’re the key to providing an amazing guest experience within our Pet Care Locations. Utilizing the behaviors within our Sales Model is critical to being able to identify and solve for their needs both today and in the future.
- CONTRIBUTE TO A SAFE ENVIRONMENT. You’ll be empowered through our training programs to maintain our safety protocols. Bottom line, the safety of partners, guests and pets is our #1 priority.
- BE A PART OF A COLLABORATIVE CULTURE. Being a great teammate is key to creating a culture that is centered around solving for the health and wellness needs of pets.
- ENGAGE IN YOUR CAREER: As you develop your skills and knowledge, you will have the opportunity to participate in developmental programs to support your continued growth throughout your career.
- Minimum high school diploma (its equivalency i.e. GED) or the equivalent work experience.
- A qualified applicant will be required to demonstrate proficiency in the areas of mathematics, and above average communication skills.
- In addition to having a professional appearance and demeanor, applicants must also demonstrate a keen and genuine interest in animals and their care.
- Good interpersonal and verbal communication skills are necessary due to the nature of interaction with the public and other partners and leaders within the store.
In addition to a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED), an applicant must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the areas of mathematics and basic accounting relationships and exhibit exceptional communication skills.
The majority of job duties are conducted indoors, although customer carryouts and veterinarian visits will require that an employee leave the store briefly. Because this position requires bending, kneeling, moving merchandise (up to 50 pounds, as necessary) and standing for long periods of time, there may be risk of injury resulting from not following procedures. Ability and willingness to a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends to meet store needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.