Operations Finance Internship
The operations finance internship is focused on supporting the project accounting and finance functions. Each project at Kiewit is run like a small business, with the operations finance interns getting exposure to critical tasks such as forecast modeling, cash flow analysis, risk/opportunity tracking, return on investment initiatives, and analytics. Interns will become a subject matter expert in different types of cost and revenue components such as labor, construction equipment, materials, and subcontracts.
Kiewit Houston - 585 N Dairy Ashford Rd., Houston, TX 77079
- Participate in month-end close out processes and preparation of financial reporting package for project management
- Gathering and analyzing financial data, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations and solutions to management
- Oversight of processes completed by service partners including payroll, accounts payable and receivable, and human capital management
- Foster relationships with the Operations team and shows a willingness to learn about the Construction industry
- Ability to take on new challenges, outside of prior experiences or educational background, in order to build a versatile skillset
- Understands intercompany and client billing process workflow, importance of timely and accurate billing documentation, and the effects of timeliness on cash management
- Reviews costs, quantity claiming, budget structure and exception reports and makes appropriate corrections to ensure accurate reporting for leadership
- Identifies, adjusts, and reviews forecast and budget issues with the cost report to confirm proper recognition of cost and revenue
- Maintains a highly organized work environment, understands importance of time management, and communicates in a clear, concise and effective manner
- Follows the Corporate Compliance Program and works in conjunction with the compliance department to implement all EEO and labor laws at the project level
- 0 - 2 years of financial/data analysis experience
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Business Management, and/or equivalent degree
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or above
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills.
- Displays strong leadership qualities with the ability to drive projects from conception to completion.
- Experience working with Excel including Pivot Tables, V-Look Ups, and other key functions is preferred.
- Recognizes the importance of being a team player by adapting to changing project needs.
- Effective communication (both oral and written), organization and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies
- Must be able to freely access all parts of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments.
- Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship, both now and in the future
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Previous internship experience is preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.