Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures. Join us and Apply today!
What you will be doing
This role is based in Newburgh, NY.
Under broad administrative direction of the VP of Operations – AmerisourceBergen Drug Company, the Operations Director is responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling operational systems, service, quality and/or productivity projects for the organization or across multiple business units within the Drug Company. The Operations Director provides consulting expertise and recommendations to senior-level managers; analyzes market and operational impact of changes in the business; recommends policy, process and procedural changes. Develops measurement criteria for operational service quality commitments. Leads the definition and development of project charters and ensures alignment amongst all relevant project participants and stakeholders. Develops project plans including estimates of cost and resources required, reviews project funding and expense budgets, ensures that projects are delivered according to established project charters.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated project to ensure project deliverables are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters
- Develops and maintains customer and vendor relationships
- Consults with internal and external customers to define needs or problems and provides appropriate recommendations for possible solutions
- Defines, manages, and implements highly visible integration projects in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Confers with project staff to outline work plans and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority
- Builds consensus among multiple project leads relative to project scope, task execution, staffing, and issue resolution
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors
- Interacts with project sponsors, stakeholders and various project members to ensure that specified business needs are met; assists in the post-implementation analysis to ensure that requirements are fulfilled
- In alignment with the Company's growth and direction, provides overall financial direction in order to manage the development of budgets, controls and measurements to monitor progress
What your background should look like
- Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of an advanced degree, using resulting in a Master's Degree; previous experience managing large, highly-complex projects
- Requires a minimum of 8 to 10 years’ experience as a consultant
- Excellent consultative skills
- Dynamic leadership ability that can develop and energize multidiscipline, culturally, and geographically diverse high performance work teams to learn and apply new skills and techniques to respond to business needs
- Understanding of technology directions, trends, and strategic business impact on key client initiatives
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem-solving techniques in a highly complex environment using leading-edge technology
- Experience managing large scale projects
- Outstanding ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; ability to communicate with customers, associates and management; solid teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation skills; ability to present and discuss strategies and technical information in a manner that establishes rapport, persuades others, and establishes understanding for technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to establish solid relationships with vendors in support of initiatives; ability to negotiate and manage outside vendors and strategic partners against deliverables
- Good business planning, analytical, and conceptual skills to evaluate business problems and apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions
- Solid project management skills including the ability to effectively deploy resources and manage multiple projects of various diverse scope in a cross-functional environment
We offer a competitive total rewards package which includes benefits and compensation. Our commitment to our eligible population of team members includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, affordable, diverse, and designed to meet the needs of our team members’ and their families. Some of these programs include paid time off including paid parental leave, access to retirement savings vehicles, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options, an employee stock purchase program, and other financial, health, and well-being focused benefits.
Because we take a balanced, global approach to our benefits, benefit offerings may vary by location, position, and/or business unit. Some benefits are company-paid, while others are available through team member contributions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AmerisourceBergen is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.
AmerisourceBergen is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities during the employment process which are consistent with legal requirements. If you wish to request an accommodation while seeking employment, please call 888.692.2272 or email email@example.com. We will make accommodation determinations on a request-by-request basis. Messages and emails regarding anything other than accommodations requests will not be returned