- Facilitating cross-channel feedback from customers and employees to management teams
- First line of support for operations workorders; reporting any concerns and ensuring these are closed out in a timely fashion, i.e., assigning work tasks to workflow specialist.
- Meet regularly with laboratory service providers to ensure open lines of communication and identify, review, and resolve issues in a timely manner and/or escalate as necessary.
- Point of contact for equipment maintenance in liaison with team and customer lab staff, facilitating scheduling and hosting of OEM / Vendor visits for maintenance and/or repair.
- Support workflow improvements projects between scientist, workflow groups and management.
- Evaluating and tracking workflow data within functional groups for use with internal reporting
- Maintain operations lab documentation for reporting.
- Provide timely communication to lab users on impact of any site service work.
- Analyze, synthesize, and communicate data to both technical and non-technical colleagues and collaborators.
- Backup for Purchasing Support Coordinator, Recognize and solve common issues related to payment in the Coupa system including price discrepancies, quantity discrepancies, and line tolerance failures.
- Support LabOps team members and R&D personnel with Coupa ordering questions as they arise
- Maintain training and compliance in areas of health and safety, security, environmental and operational aspects of daily activities in the working environment
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time
- Good time management, prioritization, and multitasking abilities
- Effective communication, including speaking, writing and active listening
- Attention to detail and understanding of the basic laboratory environment
- Excellent organizational skills: ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Proficient with MS Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Associate degree in a chemistry, biology, or other relevant discipline with 2+ years of experience in a laboratory environment OR
- High School Degree/GED with 3+ years of experience in a laboratory environment
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical laboratory environment
- Understanding of lab operations
- Deep understanding of Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be able to work in a laboratory, controlled environments requiring personal protective equipment (e.g., lab coat, safety glasses, etc.) in laboratory.
- Job pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position more than 25% of the time
- The person needs to occasionally move between labs, corridors, adjoining rooms, and buildings onsite.
- Frequently operate on instruments, objects, tools or controls, which will require regularly bending, squatting, stretching and reaching in order to perform in a service function.
- Occasionally move or lift up to 25 pounds (potential for occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds).
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include without limitation, the ability to observe details at close range distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in order to perform the essential service functions of this position.
- Occasionally operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Employee may be required to handle hazardous waste according to local, state, and federal regulations. Duties may include identifying, handling, generating, accumulating, storing and labeling hazardous waste.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.