Operations Coordinator (Band B) Washing, D.C.
Who We Are: Friends of the Earth (FOE) is a national not for profit environmental organization that strives for a healthier and more just world. We push for the reforms that are needed. It’s an approach that has worked for five decades to produce important victories that help protect our planet and its people. We’re part of Friends of the Earth International, a federation of groups working in more than 70 countries on today’s most urgent environmental and social issues.
What We Look For: Are you dedicated and able to manage a variety of administrative duties and organization-wide projects? Are you an organized and driven individual who operates at high capacity to deliver and track details for multiple projects? Are you passionate about helping ensure the organization runs smoothly and has high functioning administrative and operational systems, processes and infrastructure? Are you an effective relationship builder and communicator who can manage relationships with internal teams and external vendors? Are you able to oversee daily in-person Operations and basic IT functions in the Washington, DC office and remotely oversee the Operations of the Berkeley, CA office and the needs of remote workers across the US?
If so, this is the position for you. We want you to succeed and we want to pay you a competitive wage that is in line with your experience. The salary range for this full-time role located in the Washington, DC office is $65,000--$75,000. Offers are determined based on relevant skills and experience required for the position.
Who You Are:
Results Oriented: Manage and oversee all office management requirements, including managing building and tenant relations for the Washington DC and the Berkeley, CA offices. Maintain equipment inventory and perform daily mail distribution. Responsible for monthly reconciliation of the Operations and travel credit card statements and processing expense requests. Lead operations-relations projects and process improvements, coordinating with internal partners. Coordinate procurement, setup, troubleshooting of staff and office laptops and equipment, and maintain organizational technology inventory. Facilitate onsite IT troubleshooting and coordinate between external IT provider and staff.
Relationship Builder: Serve as the primary liaison between building engineers, the property manager, and FOE regarding office quality and building issues. Coordinate building service requests. Support the relationship management between FOE and its vendors that support organizational systems, technology, and resources. Coordinate staff working onsite in the DC and Berkeley offices within the COVID-19 guidelines and current office capacity. Provide seamless and client-focused support to FOE employees. Lead Operations onboarding and offboarding process for all new and departing staff.
Organized Contributor: Organize the office, storage facilities, and kitchen organization and inventory, maintain a high standard for orderliness in shared spaces. Manage the coordination, documentation, and status tracking of the actions and follow-ups from the Operations and IT meetings. Coordinate organization-wide IT projects and innovation.
Social Justice and Racial Equity Lens: Builds authentic relationships across lines of difference, such as race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, class, ability, gender identity, citizenship status, or other identities. Follows through on commitments.
- A minimum of 4 years of work experience in an office setting, supporting office management, IT coordination or staff operations functions
- Effective organizational and problem-solving skills with attention to detail and time-management skills.
- Excels in a fast-paced environment, improving processes, adapting to change, innovating and meeting tight deadlines.
- Proficient in managing multiple priorities, with the ability to prioritize and initiate tasks independently.
- Works well in a team and interacts positively with staff and vendors.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. FOE does not sponsor any employment related visas.
- Experience setting up equipment and supporting technology needs.
- Ability to critically evaluate circumstances, analyze, and problem-solve
- A desire to learn and to bring creativity and innovation to complex problems.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software
Perks & Benefits:
We are a generous employer with benefits that will take care of you. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide:
- 37.5-hour work week
- 100% employer paid medical, dental and vision coverage (80% for eligible dependents)
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
Friends of the Earth is an equal opportunity employer who encourages applications from women, people of color and other members of underrepresented groups who will contribute to the diversity of its staff.