Sparrow is a modern, leave management HR software - the first end-to-end solution for all kinds of leaves. With incredible traction, thousands of leaves managed - we are positioned to be an industry leader. Our leave specialists are experts that care about helping employers and employees when they need it most. With negligible customer churn and an NPS score of 76, we know that our customers love us.
Our mission is to make it simple for companies to provide their employees with all kinds of leave (i.e. family, medical, etc.). Currently, the leave management process is painful and inefficient for everyone - company leaders struggle to keep up with regulations and processes that change frequently, and the employees going on leave are overwhelmed by bureaucracy at an exceptionally important juncture in their career. Sparrow transforms this ordinarily tedious, error-prone, complex to remain compliant, and time-consuming process into a 30-minute end-to-end experience saving teams time (20 - 40 hours per leave) and money (up to $30K per leave).
Sparrow is headquartered in San Francisco with remote employees across the country. Sparrow is a diverse, highly talented, and supportive team. Together, we are hardworking, collaborative, smart, and humble—after all, we’re solving real problems.
About the role
- Act responsively, accurately, and with attention to detail in a considerate and timely manner with your assigned projects.
- Interface and collaborate comfortably with a variety of key parties: state representatives, doctor's offices, etc. through various communication methods (i.e. phone call, email).
- Prepare appropriate leave paperwork and manage process flow for multiple concurrent leaves.
- Superior organization skills and detail-oriented. You're able to track various tasks from different projects and ensure nothing gets lost.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Clear, empathetic communicator able to balance rapport and problem solving. You are comfortable communicating through email, chat, phone call, and can draft emails on behalf of Leave Specialists.
- People person. Remarkable degree of empathy and interpersonal intuition, and strong, active listening skills.
- Learner's mindset. Highly self-directed, adaptable, and up for feedback and implementation in a fast paced, always changing environment.
- Proactive. You're always anticipating what might come next and how better to support the Leave Specialist team.
- Systems-oriented. Always thinking of how you can improve processes to make the team even more efficient.
- Trustworthy. You act with discretion and can be trusted to handle confidential information appropriately.
Sparrow is making it possible for more companies to support their employees at the time when they need it most. We significantly improve the lives of those we support. We strive to be the best in the industry by addressing long-standing problems in the process and providing exceptional service. The insights you will gain in customer needs will make you an invaluable team member for our product and engineering team. We are a tight-knit team that works hard to achieve goals and still makes time to have fun.
To learn more about the Sparrow team and its benefits, check out our careers page. Our compensation packages are competitive and we believe in paying for performance.
Sparrow is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes us all stronger.
In your cover letter, please include answers to the following questions:
- Why Sparrow?
- Why are you a good fit for this role?
- What are your feelings about puppies? (Note: This is mean to be a fun, light-hearted question to get to know a little about you. There is no right or wrong answer!)