Our Culture & Content Team is looking for an Operations Coordinator to be the central contact for managing our legal and financial processes for hiring freelancers. As the Operations Coordinator, you will coordinate updates to our team's documents that organize coverage of music and cultural events, organize team on-call coverage, and communicate weekly releases and priorities to the company. In short, you are the person who works behind the scenes to support a team of experts that are passionate about programming, culture, and curating musical experiences for music enthusiasts. You will report to the Director of Operations.
- Oversee and track department budgets to monitor spending and use insights
- Manage our freelancer relationships by working closely with the Procurement, Legal, and Finance teams—from registration to payment fulfillment.
- Manage calendars, content plans, and archives that house our team's coverage of music and cultural events
- Produce and distribute a weekly company-wide email to communicate priorities to the company
- Organize our team's on-call schedule weekly, planning for full quarters at a time
- Conduct regular assessments for potential improvements to all standard operating procedures you oversee
- Support the Special Projects Manager with team documents and systems for editorial and programming production
- 5 years of experience in operations or business management
- Experience managing freelancers and vendors
- Experience in financial management
- Expertise in Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets), Google Sheets, and experienced in project management applications such as Airtable.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- No problem working in fast-paced and often-changing work environments
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.