Operations Business Analyst
At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
Employees, contingent workers and visitors are no longer required to show proof of vaccination to be on-site. Effective January 2023, Freddie Mac’s hybrid work arrangement is 3 days in the office (specifically Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday).
Trust Cash Administration (‘TCAT’) is a baseline function that actively monitors all incoming and outgoing cash in the Corporation’s Custodial Trust Account and determines whether funds are due to/from the security holders or Freddie Mac. In addition, TCAT maintains reporting for all remittances due to security holders at the pool-level by each security type (i.e. 45-day PCs) and facilitates cash distributions from the Trust account. As part of this scope, TCAT is also generally responsible for ensuring adequate funding of the Trust Account.
In parallel with the execution of baseline functions, the staff is also expected to continuously analyze its processes and identify opportunities for innovation. This particular position will be responsible for the identification and management of such change initiatives. More specifically, the ideal candidate will perform recurring reviews of processes, self-identify areas for technological and non-technological improvements, manage change initiatives proposed by other team members, manage the impact of change initiatives directed by upstream Business Areas, record business requirements on behalf of TCAT and provide recurring updates to senior management. This position allows for interaction across the company with the opportunity to learn how other divisions impact the flow of Trust cash.
- You will develop innovative solutions for operational and strategic changes
- You will work with colleagues and stakeholders to gain an in-depth understanding of critical business requirements
- You will be responsible for drafting and presenting technical business requirements
- You will manage the entire life cycle of all change initiatives, both TCAT and Firm directed
- You will be responsible for preparing and presenting recurring updates to senior stakeholders
- 2-4 years related experience (may include collegiate training/experience).
- College Degree required
- Experience in the lifecycle of change management is required (discovery, business requirements, test scripts, implementation plans, project tracking, etc.).
- Experience preparing presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint
- Experience with the drafting of process flows using Microsoft Visio
- Must be able to self-manage time, initiatives and stakeholder expectations.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication/presentation skills.
- Basic understanding of the mortgage industry, including mortgage securitization, is strongly preferred.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology as determined by Business Area.
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with senior-level management regarding the implementation of changes
- Sound knowledge and expertise in evaluating the implications of changes
- Competence in writing reports and making presentations to highlight the effect of changes you made
- Conducting tests, surveys, and workshops will be a part of your daily activity
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Time-type: Full time
Job Category: Finance
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The anticipated annualized base salary range for this position is $58,000 to $86,000 and is eligible to participate in the annual incentive program.