At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. We work together each day to foster an inclusive workplace culture where all of our employees feel respected, valued and have an opportunity to contribute to the company’s success. As an Operations Analyst within PNC's Retail Banking Operations organization, you will be based at the Firstside Center in Pittsburgh, PA.
The schedule for this position is Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm.
- Executes routine and complex transactions/processes utilizing standard procedures. May have specific responsibility for one or multiple specialized products or functional areas.
- Processes and/or reconciles routine and complex transactions of varying risk and financial value in accordance with established policies and procedures. Identifies and addresses exceptions and may resolve escalated items. Partners internally with service partners to route calls, documents or other action items to complete transactions. May interact with external customers to complete transactions.
- Ensures the appropriate materials, documentation and capacity are available to complete transactions. Confirms equipment is operational, if applicable.
- Provides responses and documentation to inquiries and ad hoc requests for one or multiple specialized products. Provides feedback on workflow and work received. May participate in and serve as a subject matter resource for process improvement projects. May assist in training and onboarding of new hires.
- Reviews transactions and related documents and verifies work processes to ensure completeness, accuracy and conformance to established service levels and applicable policies and procedures. May review reports to identify exceptions, monitor quality and ensure compliance. May participate in risk mitigation activities.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail – Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Managing Multiple Priorities – Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.Operational Functions – Knowledge of major functional processes and associated operating requirements; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Problem Management Process – Knowledge of and ability to bring a reported problem to successful resolution.Process Management – Knowledge of business process improvement tools and techniques and ability to understand, monitor, update, or enhance existing business or work processes.Products and Services – Knowledge of major products and services and product and service groups; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Standard Operating Procedures – Knowledge of and ability to design, implement and evaluate standard operating procedures affecting daily and strategic business operations in order to increase operational efficiency.
Roles at this level typically do not require a university / college degree, high school diploma or GED, however may require related experience or product knowledge to accomplish primary duties. Typically <1 year of related experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at email@example.com.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.