VisaFoster City, CA4 months ago
This position will be within the Global Client Licensing function, a client-facing professional services team. We provide operational support to clients, entailing specialized knowledge of Visa licenses, agreements, and rules. Our clients include financial institutions, third party processors, non-traditional clients, and state-owned entities.
The Operations Analyst is an individual contributor role that will support the optimization of the business processes related to the admittance and ongoing classification of Visa clients, including licensing, sponsorship, Bank Identification Number (BIN) and other numeric ID cases. This role is also responsible for operationalizing client mergers and closures. Decisions in this role are guided by policies, procedures and business plans, although the ideal candidate should be able to identify innovative solutions to moderate to complex problems. The Operational Analyst will work independently and receive minimal guidance. This role requires interaction with a variety of departments on a broad range of subjects with unique requirements (e.g., rules, procedures, best practices).
- Provides client licensing support for North America, including acting as primary Licensing contact for Canada:
- Assesses candidate eligibility, coordinates application reviews with internal stakeholders, ensures database and record management and quality control
- Leads efforts requiring customized solutions specific to the Canada region; for example, accommodations related to changes in the regulatory environment, new financial inclusion efforts, and other operational or strategic opportunities
- Administers cross-border or foreign branch licensing arrangements
- Maintains processes, procedures and records specific to Canada
- Represents Licensing team in cross-functional efforts and project deliverables
- Tracks and reports operational metrics providing analysis and identifying implications of market trends for senior management.
- In partnership with Credit Settlement Risk, manages regulatory closures of NA clients, ensuring all process controls are met and system updates completed.
- Supports Visa USA Growth Agreements, which involve working closely with clients and Sales teams
- Administers complex NA numeric assignments and modifications requiring independent judgment.
- Advises on sponsorship requirements and processes
- Manages portfolio transfers or processor conversions from a numerics perspective
- Assists Customer Support and Operational staff with Level 2 business scenarios and decisions, including training on basic functions.
- Alerts manager to situations outside of established policy or issues requiring extra level of customer service attention
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements, better reporting, or improved collaboration with key partners, including clients.
- Builds awareness of the Licensing team’s rules, policies and processes with targeted audiences.
- Responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with all internal stakeholders as a licensing and numerics subject matter expert. Represents the team’s strategic and operational requirements to internal organizations, such as Product, Systems, Tools and Implementation, as assigned.
- Executes project-related operational tasks that may require complex decision-making analysis
- Assists associate-level staff with non-routine business scenarios.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD
- 5 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g., Masters, MBA, JD)
- Working knowledge of the payments industry
- Ability to set priorities and execute deliverables within a busy, shifting environment
- Experience in data-driven, client-focused industry
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and think through consequences
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including the capability to independently and persuasively communicate and negotiate with clients, peers and cross-functional stakeholders
- Judgement on when to work independently and when to involve manager
- Ability to manage ongoing programs and propose programs for new business initiatives.
- Able to build a cooperative atmosphere and run cross-discipline and cross-geography projects and work streams to implement priority plans
- Comfortable working in global environment impacted by different legal, cultural and business priorities. Able to understand how global framework works in context of addressing specific local requirements
- Working expertise with job ticketing programs (Dynamics, JIRA, etc.)
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for training or team meetings 10% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.