Together we strive for everyone’s opportunity towards a better financial future.
Together we stand up for and champion everyone’s access to opportunity. We strive for better together. We advocate for everyone and not against anyone. Voya believes in being bold and committed to action. We are committed to a work environment where the differences that we are born with — and those we acquire throughout our lives — are understood, valued and intentionally pursued. We believe that our employees own our culture and have a responsibility to foster an environment where we all feel comfortable bringing our whole selves to work. Purposefully bringing our differences together to positively influence our culture, serve our clients and enrich our communities is essential to our vision to be America’s Retirement Company®.
Please Note: This position has been designated as a hybrid-office/home role. Details of your in-office schedule will be finalized with your manager.
We are seeking an Operations Analyst to support Voya’s loan investment platform. We are a boutique investment management team based in Scottsdale, Arizona. The Operations team is responsible for leading the availability and integrity of data feeding our platform, as well as completing daily reviews and reports. This function is critical because it brings our technology system online each morning, coordinates numerous upload processes incorporating third party information, validates and reconciles relevant data fields, and serves as a central point of contact for internal and external parties.
- Aggregate the prior day’s trade tickets, perform an audit process to identify discrepancies, investigate and reconcile any errors, and distribute completed package to service providers for processing.
- Validate loan holdings in conjunction with trade and pricing reports to verify all activity has been processed appropriately, resulting in accurate positions being fed to portfolio managers and traders.
- Gather updated loan identifier information (for loan pricing, ratings, etc.) and update Security Master records as appropriate, including linking new or amended loans within the system.
- Perform data reconciliation across multiple categories (e.g., loan base rate, spread, maturity date, etc.) and follow-up on discrepancies.
- Run reports and queries in the team's Access database and perform general database maintenance as required.
- Manage the team’s Restricted Investments List (in Bloomberg) to ensure compliance with client directives.
- Monitor the team’s Inbox which receives a variety of inquiries throughout the day from business contacts and complete the necessary research to answer these questions in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Follow-up daily with service providers daily on outstanding data corrections. Bring up lingering issues to the Operations Manager.
- Help oversee offshore resources who perform other daily duties in support of our business operations.
- Understand and align with firm policies and procedures while performing the responsibilities described above.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or another business-related field with 2 years of applicable experience.
- Previous experience in the investment and/or brokerage industry a plus.
- Highly organized with strong time management and problem-solving skills.
- Independently motivated with ability to perform highly detailed work and multi-task to meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Access and Excel.
- Aptitude to learn and become fluent in our proprietary technology system, RDS, as well as numerous external web-based data provider platforms.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to effectively interact with people inside and outside the organization
- Ability to start the workday at 6:00 AM or 7:00 AM Arizona time on a rotating basis.
Be Well. Stay Well.
Voya provides the resources that can make a difference in your lives. To us, this means thriving physically, financially, socially and emotionally. Voya benefits are designed to help you do just that. That’s why we offer an array of plans, programs, tools and resources with one goal in mind: To help you and your family be well and stay well.
What We Offer
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance plans
- 401(k) Savings plan – with generous company matching contributions (up to 6%)
- Voya Retirement Plan – employer paid cash balance retirement plan (4%)
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Paid time off – including 20 days paid time off, nine paid company holidays and a flexible Diversity Celebration Day.
- Paid volunteer time — 40 hours per calendar year
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Voya Financial is an equal-opportunity employer. Voya Financial provides equal opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, disability, veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other status protected by state or local law.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. This commitment governs all decisions related to employment, including selection, development and compensation. It also includes an employee’s request for reasonable accommodation. All employees will be treated in a manner free from discrimination or harassment. Voya is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please see our resources for applicants with disabilities. Misuse of Voya's name in fraud schemes