- Day-1 Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits for eligible colleagues
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Holiday Time-Off & Flexible Scheduling
- Fully Funded Education Benefits (100% tuition coverage including books and fees)
- Instant access to earned wages with PayActiv
- Enhanced benefits: pet, home & auto insurance & more
- 401(k) plan options available
- Bonus earning opportunities
- Growth potential opportunities
- Employee Discount at Bloomingdale’s & Macy’s Stores
Bloomingdale’s makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale’s like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
If you want to build meaningful relationships and make fashion personal, fun and aspirational, why not put that creative energy to work and join our team of approachable customer oriented, style conscious professionals. Work in a collaborative environment of problem solvers and flawless executers that drive the business forward through energy, effort and good humor.
The Cosmetics Operating Assistant (COA) partners with their Department Manager in all aspects that support the growth of top line sales and deliver a superior customer experience. The COA achieves a clean, neat, and easy to shop environment through best practices, partnership with the entire cosmetics team, in store support resources and central/vendor contacts. Merchandise must be processed, presented, and maintained to the Bloomingdale's standard.
The COA drives superb execution of administrative functions and merchandise processing in his/her area as well as daily interaction with cosmetics team on selling initiatives and event execution. The COA delivers sales through supporting corporate, regional, and store initiatives.
Fueled by the Power of Relationships
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority and role model customer centric behavior.
- Demonstrating exceptional selling skills and attention to operational best practices.
- Acknowledge customers in a friendly and helpful manner upon their entry into the area.
- Assist Beauty Advisors in conversion sales through courtesy/professionalism.
- Partner with Sales Staff to complete sales and add on items to increase IPT.
- Assist in the coordination of operational tasks as required such as, putting out new merchandise, sales & event set-up & damages.
- Ensure timely processing of new receipts, damages, testers, and return to vendors through delegation to self and staff.
- Support business driving events to achieve department goals.
- Supervise proper presentation, organization, storing, and replenishment of stock.
- Coach selling of merchandise through effective customer service/selling techniques.
- Communicate regularly with vendors, planners, distributors, and buyers regarding stock needs, customer preferences, & special events in partnership with DM.
- Ensure associates are developing a repeat-business customer base to regularly communicate upcoming events, new merchandise receipts and product replenishment to drive sales.
- Organize and execute physical inventory process in partnership with DM.
- Maintain high customer readiness standards, deliver a clean, neat and easy-to-shop store.
- Adhere to AP/inventory control/compliance procedures to ensure shortage prevention.
- Support the DM in driving Bloomingdale's Sales, Service and Loyalty priorities.
- Monitor Selling Floor Standards of merchandising, event set up, visual changes, and supplies.
- Demonstrate awareness of key sales drivers.
- Maintain stockroom standards and manage all inventory control and AP standards.
- Participate in department meetings/conference calls/store meetings/customer issues.
Driven by our Desire to Win
- Understand counter and department’s business trend vs. Plan/ LY by using Branch Department Class w/Gross Returns report and New Application Report.
- Know what categories are selling vs. non-selling through on the floor observation and ground intelligence from sales professionals and customers.
- Create and review business plans with Cosmetics Manager, including eventing and stock management, to maximize opportunities to achieve plan.
Committed to a culture of Collaboration and continuous learning
- Assist DM with staffing of counters and TIA Administration.
- Assist DM with planning/coordinating Bloomingdale's and vendor training for team members.
- Be proficient in all systems/ device usage to drive sales, clientelling and operational tasks.
- Assist in training, coaching, motivating, and developing new and incumbent associates on company policies and procedures, product knowledge, and department productivity goals.
- Review/analyze business performance of daily, weekly, monthly, seasonal, and annual sales.
- Review advertising calendar and ensure proper execution of events.
- Ensure accuracy of promotional presentation; communicate advertising and events information to associates.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Able to easily engage in conversation.
- Social ease and quick response to customer needs and inquiries.
- Able to maintain composure in difficult situations.
- Detailed oriented about product knowledge.
- Able to communicate effectively with customers, peers and management.
- Basic math functions to operate register, handle money and make change.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team in a learning environment.
- Able to use and navigate multiple technological devices.
- Ability to sell and build a sale through conversational interaction.
- Enjoys meeting and interacting with customers; demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple priorities and learn new procedures.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays. Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality is required.
- Constant moving and standing.
- Able to lift 10 lbs.
- Able to reach, grasp, stoop, kneel, crouch and climb ladders.
This position may be eligible for performance-based incentives/bonuses. Benefits include 401k, medical/vision/dental/life/disability insurance options, PTO accruals, Holidays, and more. Eligibility requirements may apply based on location, job level, classification, and length of employment.