OMS System Analyst
System analyst as part of the Order Management application team, provides business process, application and project support to the the various teams involved in the order management cycle. Ability to make low level decisions about tasks. Required to interact with Business Area Stakeholders, Department Management, Core teams and Extended teams. Must be able to work in a fast paced, change driven environment while remaining professional and articulate.
- Lead projects through all aspects of the development process, including design discussions and prioritization
- Leads business process analysis on portfolio wide projects. Communicates with management and users on all projects, support, or analysis tasks. Leads in the creation of the design, testing strategies and test plans, sustainment strategies and training guides.
- Able to articulate business requirement needs to other Project leads, Systems Analysts, Developers and Vendors on portfolio wide projects.
- Completely understands user operations, anticipates needs and pursues efficient solutions through application configuration and deployment
- Responds to trouble tickets, provides day-to-day support and drives issues to resolution. Directs improved user productivity through developing and implementing new business processes and systems solutions. Assist end users in identifying and obtaining information needs from business systems
- Identify business systems solutions through research, benchmarking and investigation by attending conventions, seminars, reading journals and conducting collaboration with professional organizations, vendor user groups and other retailers
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management, Retail Merchandising, or related technical field
- 2+ years of experience serving in a leadership role (i.e. team lead, lead consultant, etc.)
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in a Technical, Business or Systems Analyst role
- 5+ years of experience with Manhattan Active Omni (MAO) Order Management System (OMS)– strong understanding of distributed order management, ship from store, BOPIS and payment processing
- 5+ years of experience using SOAP UI and Postman as well as first hand knowledge of XML/XSLT, JSON and HTTP concepts
- Perform change management functions associated with larger scale/impact configuration for order management application
- Responsible for pro-actively supporting other teams (analysis, gather metrics, review complaince, etc.) to drive business SLAs
- Working in information technology doing application analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation
- Experience in retail and an in-depth knowledge of retail business processes
- Ability to create clear, structured and effective documentation
- Ability to create, manage and enforce application configuration and SDLC standards.
- Ability to mentor and develop team members
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others in the performance of assigned duties.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to conduct meetings with business executives, partners and peers.
- Ability to provide clear written and verbal communication with little or no supervision.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and working knowledege of SQL
- Demonstrate ability to work as a team member as well as a team leader
- Ability to be flexible to the rapidly changing needs of the department and company.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office products, including Visio and MS project
- Role models leadership behaviors for partners and peers
- Analytical and structured thinking
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are required by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; as well as reach with hands and arms.
- The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in open environment with fluctuating temperatures and standard lighting.
- Ability to work on computer and mobile phone for multiple hours; with frequent interruptions.
- Required to travel in elevator or stairwells to attend meetings and engage with associates on multiple floors throughout building.
- Hotel, Airplane, and Car Travel Required.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. As an International Retailer, occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required during periods of high volume. This role operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of the role.